The Inpatient Procedure Orders Application Analyst participates in all aspects of planning, design, development and maintenance of new or existing functionality in the HealthONE [EHR] This includes providing analysis, development, modification, configuration, installation, programming, testing and maintenance of the EHR and other Clinical Systems applications. Position requires in-depth knowledge of EpicCare Inpatient Procedure Orders.
Works under general supervision of Director, Inpatient Applications or designee.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS OFFERED:
Schedule: 40hrs/wk, Mon - Fri, 8:00a.m. - 4:30p.m. with a 30 minute unpaid meal break
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Industry-leading health insurance options and affordability
- Generous vacation and sick-time plans
- Multi-channel retirement options (pension and match options)
- Tuition waiver and reimbursement for employees and qualified family members
- Quick commute access from I-84, Rte 9 and surrounding areas
- State of the art facility and campus environments
- Progressive leadership and educational development programs available
Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- Participates in project planning sessions with clients, and business partners to analyze requirements perform needs assessments and impacts analysis and provide design recommendations for moderately complex systems.
- Assesses needs and troubleshoot solutions, maintain application upgrade plans, and implement new applications as needed.
- Understand the business and processes of applicable areas.
- Monitors project status maintains the project issue log ensuring that service level agreements standards are met or exceeded.
- Maintains relationship and open communication channels with vendors and business partners.
- Analyzes and makes moderately complex system design/architecture decisions in conformance with clinical and business operational needs, policies and procedures. Participates in solution/system design reviews.
- Develops detailed specification for functions and changes to new or modified solutions
- Creates test files, oversees and/or participates in system testing including cross application scenarios and external interfaces, ensuring applications meet specifications and organizational business needs.
- Monitors clinical operational issues focusing on efficient and effective delivery of complete and accurate achievable quality outcomes
- Provides support to end users and escalates issues outside as appropriate.
- Stays current on the Clinical Systems related advanced features of software technologies operational practices, policies, procedures and workflows for areas of expertise and closely related areas.
- Performs other related duties as required.
General Experience & Training:
- Considerable knowledge of various systems, and data analysis techniques and tools
- Considerable knowledge of applicable clinical standards of practice, policies and procedures as required by State, Federal and regulatory organizations.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles of systems analysis, design and decision support, system integration and development.
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem solving skills and the ability to build consensus across multiple teams and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to explain the interrelationship of multiple concepts and translates these concepts,
- Demonstrated ability to develop complex solutions and application requirements with careful attention to details.
- Ability to write and maintain system documentation
- Ability to communicate effectively [oral and written] and present to audiences of all levels, converts technical ideas and situations into clear, understandable and simple terms.
- Proficient in MS-Office including Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Six (6) years progressive experience in at least one of the following, complex clinical informatics, clinical process redesign, clinical systems analysis, build, design and implementation. One  year of the experience must have been in an adult acute care hospital facility.
- A current certification in EpicCare Inpatient Procedures Order
- Demonstrated experience with Order set build and management.
Associate’s degree may be substituted for two  years of the general experience
Bachelor’s degree maybe substituted for four  years of the general experience.
- HOD, Orders Transmittal or Infection Control certifications a plus. Documented experience performing as a Data Courier, Testing Lead.
- Familiarity with the following workflows:
- Radiology, Respiratory, Dietary, Pulmonary, Neurology, or Therapy departments
- May be required to work some flexible hours to meet project deadlines or business needs.
- Will be required to participate in on-call rotation.
Full Time Equivalent Minimum Salary: $77,438.00
Why UConn Health
UConn Health is a vibrant, integrated academic medical center that is entering an era of unprecedented growth in all three areas of its mission: academics, research, and clinical care. A commitment to human health and well-being has been of utmost importance to UConn Health since the founding of the University of Connecticut schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine in 1961. Based on a strong foundation of groundbreaking research, first-rate education, and quality clinical care, we have expanded our medical missions over the decades. In just over 50 years, UConn Health has evolved to encompass more research endeavors, to provide more ways to access our superior care, and to innovate both practical medicine and our methods of educating the practitioners of tomorrow.