Dark Roast Media is a full-service branding, design, and development agency. We offer custom-blended solutions crafted from the finest quality strategy, creative, and code.
Select clients include: Google, StuyTown, Blackstone, BlackRock, Estee Lauder, BMW, Bozzuto & LeFrak.
We have offices in Manhattan and we’re opening an additional office in Boston South Station. We’re looking for a junior graphic designer at our new Boston office, which is opening on June 1, 2018.
- Assist in the development and production of brand identity and supporting marketing collateral across all platforms including print, digital, OOH, and environmental/experiential
- Lead and assist in the production of internal projects and initiatives
- Lead and assist in development and production of client facing presentations and proposals
- Help ensure visual consistency for a high-growth and evolving branding and design agency
- Foster relationships with existing clients and brands in order to assess and cultivate organic growth opportunities
A successful candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to work independently and also within a team. He/she must be able to prioritize and multitask while meeting strict deadlines. He/she must be capable of executing projects from concept through production, juggle multiple projects simultaneously, and meet quick turnaround times while maintaining the highest quality of work.
- Strong conceptual thinker with an inclination towards creative problem solving
- Strong design background
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong leadership and communication skills with an ability to work with other designers and/or creative director
- Confidence and skills to communicate ideas with finesse and clarity
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter who can create schedules and define scopes even without explicit requirements or direction
- Stay creatively fresh while seeking and sharing inspiration with the team
- A portfolio that demonstrates design (both digital and print) from categories that are relevant to Dark Roast Media, such as branding, marketing, mobile & web design, etc.
- Keen ability to consider and incorporate feedback
- A sense of humor and well-rounded personality
- Uncommon sense
- Design experience/expertise within the following industries: real estate, financial services, luxury, cosmetics, hospitality/travel, consumer products, healthcare, tech
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio / Link to Portfolio
- Competitive Wages/Salary
- Discretionary Bonuses
- Excellent Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, etc.)
- 401(k) with Generous Matching Contributions
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: