A3 Technology is seeking a SharePoint Administrator to manage all aspects of the SharePoint environment, including design, architecture, availability, reliability, performance, monitoring and security of the portal. This position plays an integral part in the development of strategies for optimal use of SharePoint and other collaborative tools within the organization. Qualified candidates must be able to work with very little supervision in a highly charged and fast paced environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee the SharePoint Portal Server infrastructure, user access and application deployment – taking the lead role in implementing SharePoint across the organization.
- Support the installation, configuration, security, operation, and maintenance of all web portal servers, equipment, and software related to SharePoint infrastructure.
- Participate in planning and execution of tasks related to the evaluation of new SharePoint based initiatives (Upgraded Versions, Third-Party Solutions, Integration with additional Enterprise Systems).
- Develop, configure and maintain document libraries, enterprise lists and site collections.
- Perform typical system administrative activities such as site creation, user training, backup, restore and issue resolution.
- Technical support of InfoPath forms, including communicating the location of form libraries, their purpose and workflows.
- Coordinate with divisions in standardizing and optimizing the way data/information is stores and retrieved.
- Work with IT Project Managers and Business Analysts to design and develop solutions to address business needs and opportunities, and propose changes that would make the SharePoint environment a more effective solution.
- Examine requirements documents and create technical design documents, unit tests, system tests and implementation plans for small to complex projects.
- Maintain and administer Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server, including daily monitoring, troubleshooting and performance analysis; as well as perform as the SharePoint Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Provide technical guidance to the team in the technologies related to the development and support of an Enterprise SharePoint environment (understanding relationship with active directory, SQL, IIS, etc.).
- Use judgment and creativity to design coding approach to meet requirements/specifications as provided by business analysts and software development managers.
- Maintain current industry knowledge of development concepts, best practices and procedures for SharePoint solutions.
EDUCATION and/ or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Computer Science) or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with SharePoint Platform
- Expertise and experience with complex technical activities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills in a team-based development environment
- Technical creativity
- Strong understanding of MS SharePoint Architecture
- Working knowledge of various web design/graphic design tools.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle methods
- Knowledge of personal computers, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Project applications