At Crunch Fitness we are committed to helping our team members and members to become the best version of themselves. We're changing the landscape of the fitness industry and believe that fitness can be accessible, affordable and a way of life for everyone. There are no Judgments here = not too much or not enough, no stares of disapproval. Here we keep open minds. We are nurturers. We seek only to encourage, empower and entertain. There is no one type. There is no one reason. There is no one way. What we are is a diverse community; what we have is a culture of fun; what there is, is room for everyone; all kinds of people with all kinds of goals who've chosen to reach them with us. We're looking for committed and dedicated individuals to help grow our business, so that we can share and spread our "NO JUDGMENTS" philosophy with more people.
We currently have a great opportunity within our Accounting Department for a Staff Accountant to be based out of our corporate offices in Chatsworth, CA. The Staff Accountant will demonstrate a commitment to excellence, strong work ethics and high ethical standards. You must also have solid knowledge of financial statements, accounting processes, reconciliations and risk assessments with the proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE BUT WILL NOT BE LIMITED TO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Monthly Close
- Assume full ownership for areas of responsibility.
- Prepare cash posting, monthly journal entries, fluctuation analyses, trend analyses, reconciliations and additional schedules.
- Meet with internal departments and outside parties to ensure transactions and reports are recorded and produced timely and accurately.
- Special Projects
- Support CFO on special projects for a broad range of transactions and initiatives.
- Risk assessment, analysis and management
- Assist with year-end audit requests and year-end adjustments
- Monthly bank and cash reconciliation
- Ability to appropriately communicate with all levels in the organization.
- Exercise good judgment in elevating issues to management timely.
- Ability to read and interpret Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with QuickBooks and Great Plains a plus, but not required.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL LEVEL/CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 1-3 years of professional experience in accounting.
- Experience with ADP and Great Plains is preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Must work on a computer for extended periods of time.
$40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year