A role in Distribution and Receive Centers means being on the very front lines of getting product to the guest as fast as possible – a critical differentiator and one of the most essential functions within Logistics. Whether it’s through focusing on regional or upstream distribution centers, target.com fulfillment centers, or import warehouses, you’ll have the chance to positively impact thousands of fellow team members and Target guests worldwide. There’s so much good work to be done, from Distribution Center Operations, where process and problem solving drive our results, Quality Management, which influences and maintains our good name in the retail marketplace, or overall Distribution Center Productivity, where we’re always analyzing and recalibrating how to best support our people, process and technology investments to support an ever evolving business.
A role as an Operations Manager, Engineering and Facilities provides a chance to influence with a focus on safety, leadership, excellence, self-motivation, problem solving and teamwork. You will foster a “safety-first” culture through awareness, training and accountability. You will quickly establish yourself as an engaging and inclusive leader with ownership for the team’s ability to maximize its productivity, growth and development. You’ll manage the budget, processes and results for a critical portion of the Engineering & Facilities business, and implement transformational projects and capital improvements that take your Distribution Center to the next level. Your ability to find root causes to problems will be well supported by an environment of calculated risk and testing. Bring your expertise to the table as you develop and operationalize a facility management program, including preventative maintenance and lifecycle requirements. Optimize material handling uptime with inventory management solutions. Positively influence the operation through regular facilities inspections to ensure compliance with all health and safety standards as well as industry codes. And let your commitment to others shine by jumping right in to help teams meet their business goals.
- Four year degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated leadership ability, with the ability to engage and motivate others
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good reasoning and analytical skills, in addition to conflict-management and problem-solving skills
- Able to access all areas of the Distribution Center, including the mezzanine platforms
- Able to read and interpret necessary policies and procedures to perform updates and operate systems and other programs within the Distribution Center, for example ability to cross over the conveyors