A CAD/CAM Programmer creates drawings and CNC programs using the provided CAD/CAM software. This individual should also be familiar with FANUC based G-Code/MCode and should be able to perform post-process editing. A CAD/CAM Programmer should be proficient with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, and Word) as well as be able to create new, maintain, and update files from that software. Be able to determine the manufacturing process of a new product from the fixture/work holding stage to the finish product is essential for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including the following, however, other duties may apply.)
- Generate accurate CAD/CAM drawings of parts using supplied print or sketch.
- Excellent print reading skills.
- Generate CNC programs from the CAD/CAM software.
- Great working knowledge and understanding of machine tooling and proper usage.
- Great working knowledge and understanding of inserts and chip breaker function.
- Ability to perform online programming (at a machine control).
- Ability to perform offline programming (not on a machine control).
- Generate and maintain information in Excel or Word based off of CNC programs.
- Control the handling of CNC programs from the server to CNC machines.
- Monitor, document, and control any changes made to CNC programs.
- Have general design concepts of fixture or work holding components.
- Create and maintain the part manufacturing processes.
- Needs to be proficient creating/designing, editing, maintaining Microsoft Excel files.
- Needs to have a general understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Needs to be able to read and follow written instructions or procedures.
- Troubleshoot machining related issues (tool, manufacturing process, or mechanical).
- General and practical knowledge of measuring tools, equipment, and concepts.
- Excellent working knowledge of geometric tolerancing and dimensioning
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job at a satisfactorily level, an individual must be able to perform each Essential Duty and Responsibility. This position requires an individual to convey information effectively in writing, presentations, or speeches to other employees.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Two years related experience and/or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years preferred CAD/CAM experience.
- Five years preferred experience with operation of CNC lathes and/or mills.
- Five years preferred experience with work holding and fixtures for CNC lathes and/or mills.
- Ability to perform general tasks and operation of Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to create/edit documents and operate Microsoft Word.
- Ability to create/design, to make edits, and maintain spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel
PHYSICAL DEMANDS While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand for an extended amount of time, walk and reach with hands and arms. Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds. essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
Job Type: Full-time
- preferred CAD/CAM: 2 years
- AutoCAD: 1 year
- High school or equivalent