Pitman Glass Company, is a 55 year commercial glazing contractor located in Memphis, TN and is looking to hire an experienced Project Estimator/Project Manager. We specialize in the design and installation of Glazed Aluminum Storefronts, Aluminum Curtainwalls, Entrances, All-Glass Entrances, Fire Rated Framing, Interior Aluminum Framing, Aluminum Windows, Glass Railings.
Must be able to read, comprehend and explain all construction documents including plans, specifications, project and contractor instructions, all in English. Must communicate effectively verbally, in writing and in English.
Must be able to organize and follow through with plan from estimating to process to take off to submittal submission and orders to installations of work. Communicate with project team, vendors and the G.C. so everyone understands plan through material orders, scheduled delivery; installation and completion of project.
Must have specific business knowledge of the aluminum & glass industry, specific knowledge of the building envelope systems, glazing codes, doors, hardware.
- Provide preconstruction budget services.
- Provide project estimates and proposals including; all materials, equipment costs, submittal costs, fabrication and field labor, etc.
- Provide Value Engineering alternates where possible on bid proposals.
- Prepare all submittals including; shop drawings, engineering, product data sheets, and physical samples.
- Check all “approved” submittals for accuracy.
- Communicate frequently; with General Contractor, field supervision, management,All on all projects.
- Prepare/assist on monthly billing.
- Visit project weekly, oversee field progress and attend project managers meetings.
- Maintain regular contact with shop fabrication and field management to discuss project site deliveries and installations and to maintain schedules.
- Manage all project change orders and do not proceed unless received written change order or written authorization from General Contractor with agreed upon price prior to ordering/starting extra work.
- Prepare material take off lists including; metal, doors, hardware, glass, caulking, anchors, etc.
- Buyout all materials at or below estimated costs.
- Order all materials and follow-up on delivery lead times on a daily/weekly basis.
- Participate in sales/project meetings.
- Work to keep projects punch list free as possible and complete actual punch list items asap.
- Submit closeout documents as soon as possible at end of projects.
- Assist management and other project managers with additional input or detailing.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Language Skills. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and product installation manuals.
- Must have the knowledge of and the ability of; use of standard office equipment, software such as MS Word, MS EXCEL, MS Outlook and general construction software.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail, maintaining project schedules to meet deadlines.
- Ability to speak effectively before clients or employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral, written form and to handle sensitive and confidential items/situations.
- Ability to deal with problems using tact, poise and diplomacy.
- Must have; integrity, excellence, team player abilities, use of resourcefulness and adaptability.
- Mathematical Skills; ability to calculate figures and amounts including discounts, percentages, circumference, etc.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
EDUCATION AND OR EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years of commercial glass PM experience on the Glass and Glazing Industry
- 5 years of commercial glass Estimating experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelors degree (B.A.) form a four-year college or university (Preferred but not mandatory).
- Possess a valid drivers license free of any serious traffic related infractions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/POSITION ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- 60 percent standing and bending.
- Able to work in outside elements
- Long periods of sitting at desk.
- Required to stand, use hands & fingers, feel, reach above head with arms and hands, walk, climb, kneel/crouch, crawl, pull, hear and talk.
- Vision must be in the normal range.
- Must be able to work in an environment where noise level is moderate to loud.
- Job is Full-time.
- United States (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Bonus Potential
Job Type: Full-time
- Estimating: 5 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement