- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3+ years overall relevant work experience
- 2+ years experience in a test or development role as part of a product development organization which has delivered consumer oriented products
- Experience with at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, Python or PERL
- Experience with software engineering practices for a full software development life cycle
Want to transform the way people enjoy podcasts, books, kids' stories, and additional spoken-word content on Alexa? Then come join the group who will be building new experiences from the ground up around this great content. Within Alexa Entertainment, you will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, implementation, and quality of cutting edge products that will be used every day by people you know. No matter what the role, we’re looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
We're focused on building a spoken-word experience from the ground up, and are looking for a talented, passionate SDET who is interested in building quality into the system from the get-go. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience of a product used every day, by people you know.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for making development teams more efficient and productive. The ideal candidate will have the wisdom and know-how to create an infrastructure to support a truly world-class product development team. This is an opportunity to build the automated test infrastructure of your dreams, as well as have end-to-end ownership of quality for the product.
You’ll learn new in-demand skills like building and testing voice control interfaces and scalable API platforms that will be highly valuable as you grow your career at Amazon and beyond. You’ll work directly with Product Management, Development, and Design to refine the customer experience for Alexa entertainment featured products. You’ll join a unique team in the Alexa organization with our own culture – we move fast to deliver new great features for customers and have a ton of fun doing it.
Come join us as we build the Voice OS for Entertainment in the home. We’re breaking new ground and need your help to bring our vision to reality.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
- Experience developing in a Linux environment and in utilizing virtual machines
- Knowledge of industry standard Mobile test automation tools and experience in developing product test harnesses and instrumenting products to gather test results
- Experience with test driven development and establishing unit test infrastructures
- Experience automating the validating of modern user interfaces and messaging infrastructures
- Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in house developed toolsets
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
- Expert in software quality and testing methodologies
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Experienced in interacting and coordinating test activities amongst multiple teams
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.