Under the direction of the Quality Control Supervisor and the Quality Control Manager, the QC Technician has the responsibility of performing production line checks, ensuring GMP’s are being followed, and ensuring the quality of both in process component packaging as well as finished products.
- Perform line checks on vertical and horizontal machines.
- Walks production floor to ensure GMP’s are being followed.
- Inspect machinery to ensure proper clean-up has occurred when needed.
- Assist in managing retain sample inventory
- Assists QC supervisor in filing QC documentation as needed.
- Assists in incoming raw material receiving as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned that improve the efficiency of the above processes and procedures.
- Assists the QC Supervisor in maintaining the QC Office in an organized and professional manner
- Assists in ensuring that only safe, quality product is produced and shipped.
- Yearly Sales $85,000,000
- Average employees: 90 per shift
- Average number of work centers: 3
- Most frequent contacts: Line Operators and Production Shift Supervisor
- Minimum formal education: High School Diploma
- Minimum job content knowledge:
- One year of high speed production is helpful
- Good communication skills
- Working knowledge of Word in a label making capacity
- Read and write English fluently
- Ability and willingness to follow Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability to receive written and verbal directions
- Ability to understand general work processes
3) Bi-lingual (English and Spanish a plus)
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Incumbent will be exposed to a standard production environment which will include walking, bending, and reaching.
- Writing will be a constant function when in the office area.
- Normal vision, hearing sensitivity and manual dexterity is necessary in position.
- Lifting of product cases (sometimes up to 25 lbs.) is required to access code date information. Sample collection also requires technicians to combine products into a basket and transport them back to the Quality Control office.
- Able to communicate and interact professionally with personnel at all levels in each department within the company.
5:00 am to 4:00 pm., Mon- Thurs; Friday OT is mandatory when production is running and that is frequent lately.
Job Type: Full-time