Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Customer Service Engineer Level II specializing in servicing Imaging Equipment needed in the Chicago, IL area. Level could be adjusted based on prior experience.
Metro - Chicago coverage
Shift flexibility may be required:
Current shift is Noon – 2100, but this can change according to service demand.
The Customer Service Engineer is a field-based, customer-facing role that primarily installs, services, maintains and modifies Siemens imaging equipment at customer sites. Our CSE's represent the "Face of Siemens" to the customer. The Customer Service Engineer reports to the Regional Service Manager at Siemens Medical Solutions.
- Will support the MR modality initially with potential to cross train into another modality in the future.
- Willing to work different shifts as business needs dictate, including willingness to work overtime as required. Advanced notice will be provided for any shift changes.
Our Customer Service Engineer will perform service, preventative maintenance and modifications on Medical Imaging Equipment at customer sites with minimal supervision. Establish and maintain proper business relationships with customers and peers, as well as performing necessary administrative duties accurately.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Minimum Technical Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Experience in testing, repairing and maintaining capital medical equipment
- Strong electronics and computer background needed
- Previous experience with the following desired: MI SPECT Imaging equipment
- 5-8 years of field service experience is desired
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Must be proficient in the use of tools and service test equipment
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required
- Must be able to work both individually and in an established team setting
- Ability to travel and provide service in assigned geography; willingness to participate in an on-call rotation after training and certification
Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.