IOWA WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY
Head Football Coach
Iowa Wesleyan University is seeking a dynamic leader to serve as the Head Football Coach. IW currently offers 16 intercollegiate athletic programs and is a member of the NCAA Division III, St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, and the Upper Midwest Athletic Conference (Football Only). The successful candidate will lead the football program to success in competition, recruitment, retention, and student-athlete experience. This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to and working closely with the Director of Athletics.
Head Football Coaching Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership in the planning and operation of the program.
- Administer the programs within the policies of Iowa Wesleyan University, UMAC, the NCAA, and/or other appropriate governing bodies.
- Develop and maintain a successful recruiting system, while maintaining a high level of visibility within Iowa Wesleyan’s service region.
- Engage in retention initiatives for student-athletes through collaboration with numerous University offices.
- Enforce discipline and good sportsmanship behavior of student athletes.
- Provide an environment conducive to a high level of academic performance by team members.
- Organize and facilitate all daily practice sessions, contest preparation, competition, and off-season training.
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate assistant coaches in cooperation with the Athletic Director.
- Organize and run summer camps to help young athletes improve their athletic skills and create positive exposure for IW’s athletic program.
- Evaluate and review the program and recommend changes and improvements to the Director of Athletics.
Other Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Promote and support the Football program, the University and the Tiger Athletics program’s mission and goals.
- Represent Iowa Wesleyan and the Athletic Department in a positive manner with a high degree of integrity at all times.
- Be an active and engaged Tiger Athletics team member willing to assist others in major intercollegiate athletics initiatives such as game day management, team travel needs, and fundraising events.
- Provide appropriate and timely information to the SID for distribution.
- Schedule contests and organize travel logistics in accordance with the policies set forth by Iowa Wesleyan University.
- Manage all aspects of the Football budget.
- Serve on institutional committees as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Competitive football experience required.
- Coaching experience preferred.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and regulations.
- Valid US Driver’s License with the ability to be authorized to drive IW fleet vehicles for team transportation to and from away contests required.
- Must be available for night and weekend responsibilities.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must upload their letter of interest, coaching philosophy, resume/CV, transcripts, and contact information for three professional references at https://www.iw.edu/careers.
No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.
Tiger Athletics: Iowa Wesleyan University strives to provide its student-athletes the opportunity to be successful in life and sports. Engaged in the SLIAC and UMAC Conferences, Tiger athletics is a proud member of NCAA Division III.
Job Type: Full-time
- Coaching: 2 years (Required)