Job Type: Full-Time
Your Job Summary
The Laundry aide will Perform day-to-day activities of the laundry department to ensure provision of quality laundry service compliance in accordance to Federal, State and Local ordinance and regulations. Ensures the environmental and linen cleanliness and sanitation for resident safety comfort and convenience.
- Performs a variety of general housekeeping/cleaning duties in various areas to maintain the center in a sanitary, safe, attractive, and orderly condition; Performs all general laundry duties.
- Coordinates inventories of clothing and personal items brought in with new residents and marks with proper identification.
- Coordinates picking up brutes with soiled linen from each wing throughout shift; Prepares articles for washing by unbuttoning, turning pockets out, and unrolling sleeves; Sorts soiled laundry into appropriate loads for washing.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Highschool diploma or equivalency preferred.
- One year’s work experience in a commercial establishment with knowledge of laundry/housekeeping procedures
Southwest Nursing Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.