We have an immediate opening for a Business Development Manager/Senior Administrator - Transactions/Litigation
who will be responsible for marketing and business development for several firmwide practice groups and industries. This position will be based out of our New York
and will also be responsible for other Client Development initiatives which may be assigned from time to time.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with practice and industry group leaders on the development and execution of business development strategy;
- Assisting practice and industry group partners with the implementation and execution of business development goals and initiatives;
- Proactively identifying business development opportunities, coordinating attorney teams to pitch new business, and driving such opportunities from concept to execution;
- Drafting pitches, RFP responses, presentations, talking points, and background briefing materials;
- Managing submissions to rankings, directories and other publications and contests
- Creating marketing materials including collaterals, website content and one-off pieces to support business development efforts;
- Participating in practice and industry group meetings (as needed);
- Gathering intelligence on firm clients / targets and market trends to provide practice and industry group attorneys with an understanding of the competitive landscape and to position the firm for increased effectiveness in winning new business;
- Planning and implementing client meetings and events;
- Providing internal training and coaching to partners in business development skills;
- Developing and tracking Client Development budgets;
- Supporting the recruiting and integration of laterals; and
- Coordinating with the Communications team on PR opportunities.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in a marketing and/or business development-related position in a professional services environment; law firm experience is preferred. Candidates with 3 - 5 years of experience will be considered for a Senior Administrator position.
- Possess strong knowledge of transactions practices;
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Be highly customer service oriented, technologically savvy, organized, and meticulous;
- Have the ability to multitask; and demonstrate good judgment in a multiple leader, team oriented, fast paced environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a marketing, business or communications-related field is preferred, as is an advanced degree.