About the Role
We are looking for a Remote Seasonal Production Assistant to join our team. In this role, you will be supporting our Product Development and Drop Ship teams by using templates to create fun and personalized art for our customers. Reliability, organization, attention to detail, and great communication skills are essential. The position is part-time to start but will increase to full-time for the holiday season. This position is expected to last until approximately 12/18 but has the potential to extend a few additional weeks.
- You can multi-task and meet deadlines while working on a team or independently.
- You have excellent organizational skills and extreme attention to detail.
- You have a "can-do" attitude with strong problem-solving skills
- You have a track record for exceeding expectations and are motivated by continuous improvement and learning.
- You have excellent communication skills.
Uncommon Goods offers an ever-changing assortment of original, creative gifts. We partner with independent makers and small businesses to offer our customers an assortment of items that they love to surprise loved ones with (and treat themselves, too)!
We are built on better business practices and committed to having a positive impact on people and the planet. Learn more here.
The best part of Uncommon Goods is us—our team. We've been around for over 20 years because of all the wonderful people who make UG the one-of-a-kind company it is.
Learn more about our products, B Corp certification, guiding principles, Better to Give program, and team members you might be working with.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Input custom text and images into existing digital art templates based on customer specifications and make revisions based on customer feedback
- Submit digital files to our customer service team to be printed and shipped to customers
- Execute print and web specs per specific guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regularly work and are fluent in Adobe illustrator and Photoshop.
- Understanding of Google Docs and Dropbox.
- Ability to follow established processes and directions
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Reliability and commitment to weekly work schedule is a MUST.
(ONLY accepting applications from applicants in New York State)
Remote work location must meet the following requirements:
- A space that contains a suitable workstation and a chair for working as well as a headset for taking calls.
- A windows 7 or 10 laptop or desktop. If using a mac must be running high sierra minimum
- Access to a reliable high speed internet connection
- Ability to work remotely from the same location for all shifts
- Ability to resolve basic computer, internet and phone connectivity issues
**This role will begin part time and will increase (up to 40 hours week) during the peak holiday selling season**
To apply, please submit:
- Cover letter addressed to "Chocolate M&M", which includes your availability for the rest of the year
- Graphic portfolio and work examples demonstrating your ability to use Photoshop and Illustrator to input and arrange text and images (PDF or online format)
Competitive Salary, $23 per hour
Casual work atmosphere, fun company events. (Thanks to our team's creativity, we've devised ways to feel connected remotely, too, and it's still fun.)
40% discount on our products.
Professional development/educational reimbursement.
Safe working environment. Many of our COVID-19 protocols exceed NYC and NYS safety standards. Those who can are working remotely. In our office and warehouse, COVID-19 testing is required of all new hires and monthly for all team members; PPE, including masks and gloves, is required for all team members; and workspaces provide recommended social distancing.