Reporting directly to the Dean/Program Director of Occupational Therapy, the Lab-Teaching Assistant assists faculty with lab sessions, grading assignments and tests. Responsible for performing teaching and teaching-related duties. Preparing labs for class and/or practicals, monitoring student progress and facilitating student participation in learning activities. The Lab/Teaching Assistant communicates with the lead instructor regarding student performance or issues that arise and ensures the delivery of consistent content and testing. The Lab-Teaching assistant may assist with grading practicals and other required assignments.
Master of Science in Occupational Therapy required.
- Certified by NBCOT (The National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy) as an OTR (Registered Occupational Therapist) required.
- Licensed as an Occupational Therapist in the State of California required.
- Membership with the Occupational Therapy Association of California (OTAC) required.
- Membership with the American Occupational Therapy Association required.
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by any accreditation body that West Coast University is accredited by or in process of obtaining accreditation from, for area of expertise and expectations of faculty member as set forth in regulatory documents.
- Must maintain any professional certifications deemed necessary to meet the requirements of the teaching role.
- Current certification in basic life support procedures including healthcare provide CPR with an Automated External Defibrillator.
- Health certifications for an OSHA Category I classified position (potential for exposure to infectious diseases at work). As an essential component of the West Coast University infection-control program immunizations and tuberculosis clearance documentation is required in accordance with current CDC and OSHA recommendations and guidelines for Health-Care Personnel. Below are health certification details which are subject to change as required by OSHA and CDC.
Immunizations – based on the CDC Recommended Immunizations for Health-Care Personnel (HCP), all HCPs must submit documentation of immunization to Hepatitis B (series of three doses with anti-HBs serologic testing 1-2 months after dose #3), proof of immunity to Hepatitis B, or a signed declination; Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR); Varicella (chickenpox); and Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis (booster every 10 years). Highly recommended immunizations for the HCP include Influenza (yearly), Hepatitis A, and Pneumonia. For some individuals, a titer test will be indicated vs. vaccinations. Titer tests showing immunity to listed pathogens are acceptable. Titer tests showing a negative response require appropriate immunizations and follow-up titers must be completed and submitted. If one or more of the listed immunizations are contraindicated, documentation must be submitted clearly identifying the reason(s). Clinical laboratory reports with facility stamp and medical doctor’s signature are required.
Tuberculosis Clearance – the CDC Guidelines for Preventing the Transmission of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in Health-Care Settings are intended to protect the HCP and patients. The TB screening program consists of two major components: (1) baseline single test for M. tuberculosis infection and (2) serial testing/screening for M. tuberculosis infection. The HCP must have a baseline single test followed by serial skin testing every 6 months. If the HCP has a baseline positive result or has previously had a positive result, a chest radiograph must be completed to exclude a diagnosis of TB disease. Thereafter, every 6 months the HCP must receive a symptom screen. Documentation of positive skin test and negative chest x-ray must be submitted.
Additional Program specific requirements may apply.
- One to three years of clinical Occupational Therapy experience.
- Proficient command of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and correct usage of the English language.
- Comprehensive knowledge of office systems, practices, and administration.
- Proficient skills and experience in Microsoft Office computer software systems that includes word processing, Excel spreadsheets, and presentation software.
Min $39.86 - Max $57.79