AW2 Logistics, Inc is an industry recognized leader committed to quality, excellence and service. AW2 Logistics is a casual, friendly and challenging place to work where ingenuity is rewarded and safety is embraced. The people of AW2 are the organizations greatest asset. The Safety Specialist is responsible for coordinating and maintaining company policies adhering to local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations. This position works under general supervision.
- Aid in facilitating various safety meetings and committees.
- Facilitate housekeeping inspections.
- Perform safety audits, hazard analysis and job safety analyses.
- Maintain and update safety policies, programs, procedures and practices.
- Ensure compliance with and train employees on all environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Respond to emergency situations.
- Investigate injuries, accidents and near misses.
- Coordinate with worker’s compensation claims processing regarding timely investigations and return to work program.
- Assist with developing and delivering formal and informal employee training.
- Keep current with regulatory updates through literature and electronic means that effect the organization.
- Support DOT compliance and driver’s safety programs.
- Design methods to perform work in specific areas.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health and Safety or related field preferred. Equivalent experience considered in lieu of a degree
- 1- 3 years experience in Environmental Health and Safety.
- Must be able to interpret and apply local, state, and federal regulations.
- Must be familiar with OSHA, EPA, and NFPA. Familiarity with DOT regulations is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to initiate and implement change.
- Assertive, well-organized team player able to lead and motivate others to achieve operational goals.
- Willing to work extended hours as needed.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel, Word.
- Experience with workers’ compensation and OSHA VPP program.
- Bilingual in English/ Spanish.
Job Type: Full-time