Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks by enhancing compliance with business partnership contracts and the Company’s polices and procedures, raising awareness of internal controls, and providing an integral part of the business unit governance. This job also manages the development and implementation of new, moderately complex projects, programs or processes within the business unit. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Leadership - Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Supports the implementation of company programs to ensure the success of the Company.
Planning and Execution - Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
- Develops strategic and operational plans for the work group, manages execution, and measures results
- Creates and manages execution of the annual compliance review plan
- Review and approve audit plans and activities for business and information systems audits.
- Provides assurance over business unit and department processes and practices to ensure alignment with business goals and objectives.
- Participates in enterprise-wide risk assessment and identifies emerging risk areas by building strong working relationship with cross functions and internal audit.
- Leads project teams and sub-teams to develop and implement new programs and process improvements
- Manages and monitors project or program schedules, progress and costs to ensure that expected results are delivered on time and within budget. Maintains, adjusts and updates project plans as needed. Consolidates, communicates and ensures resolution of all issues. May develop and collect performance metrics.
- Educates client groups and team on key and emerging issues in the area of risk, process and controls.
- Implements all elements of the department strategy tracks (People, Risk, Customer, Operating Effectiveness and Information Technology)
Business Requirements - Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Has extensive knowledge of the company and well-developed analysis and facilitation skills.
- Works independently with all levels of management including facilitating cross-functional process improvement teams.
- Represents business unit, department or functional area on cross-functional project teams
Partner Development & Team Building - Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
- Provides partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and builds effective teams.
- Challenges and inspires partners to achieve business results.
- Conducts performance reviews.
- Facilitates the execution of formal department training programs.
- Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Provides coaching, direction, training and leadership support to team members in order to achieve partner, business and customer results.
Summary of Experience
Progressive experience with audit, finance or accounting 9 years
Project management, including all elements of scope, time, cost, risk, quality, integration, procurement, human resources and communications 6 years Working across functional areas to develop effective business solutions that align with company and business unit/department objectives
Building, leading, and mentoring teams
Auditing experience in a public audit firm or internal audit with a large multinational public company
Internal control/risk management experience in a global multinational company with increasing responsibilities
Implementing department strategy or new initiatives involving significant ambiguity.
Managing large scale or multiple mid-sized compliance, audit, or control projects
Forecasting, budgeting and other functional administrative activities
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to lead projects to completion
- Change management skills
- Ability to lead and mentor team members
- Ability to define objectives, scope and resources for projects extending beyond a department or business unit
- Ability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with business partners.
- Ability to think critically and creatively about new processes and solutions
- Knowledgeable in issue management
- Ability to perform risk analysis
- Ability to travel periodically
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Puts the Customer First:
Has a relentless focus on the customer. Understands what the customer wants and how to best deliver the experience.
Works Well with Others:
Listens and communicates well with others within and outside of Starbucks. Creates a team environment that is positive and productive.
Takes personal responsibility to do the right thing, and persists in times of challenge or uncertainty. Adapts quickly to change and makes timely, thoughtful decisions.
Continuously seek opportunities to improve self and others. Leads with trust, honesty and commitment to hire, coach and develop partners to achieve their potential.
Understands what drives overall business success and is accountable to prioritize and deliver quality results. Demonstrates knowledge of core products and processes to get results. Anticipates obstacles and takes action to prevent or minimize their impact.