At Geltor we design award-winning ingredients for the world's biggest consumer product companies. Our Analytical Chemistry team is focused on combining innovative methods and operational excellence to drive product and process development. We are seeking a Research Associate who will be responsible for managing samples and analyzing them using a variety of protein analysis techniques.
What you'll do:
- Handle and document sample transfers between teams
- Process, prepare and store samples
- Maintain a proper chain of custody for all samples
- Work with vendors, facilities and scientists to arrange for preventative maintenance and repair of equipment
- Order, prepare and keep an inventory of all chemical reagents
- Ensure that all reagents are supplied in a timely manner
- Maintain current knowledge of reagent stability and storage, proper handling of reagents, and associated safety protocols
- Adhere to all laboratory SOPs relating to personal safety and chemical hygiene
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field
- Experience using protein analysis techniques, preferably in an industrial setting
- Excellent organizational, communication, analytical, computer, and technical writing skills
- Enthusiastic about working as a part of a high-performing team
- Hands-on experience with HPLC techniques such as RP, IEX, SEC and Affinity Chromatography is a plus
About Geltor, Inc.
Geltor, Inc. designs high-performance, sustainable ingredients for consumer product companies by combining computation, biology and materials science. Its first products are collagen protein ingredients optimized for cosmetics and personal care applications and produced through a proprietary animal-free fermentation process. The company was founded in 2015 and is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: