Are you a loan originator/officer wanting to increase your monthly production and want to take your business to the next level? Have you lacked the support you need to achieve your financial and production goals? Do you crave being in an environment with supportive, incredible people who inspire you? Do you want to learn from high producers so you can leverage their insights toward your own success?
We are looking for loan originators who are sharp, hungry, and want to grow to the next level with us! Spire Financial is looking for you!
Spire Financial, a division of AmeriFirst Financial, Inc., is a regionally based home lending company. Awarded the 3rd best lending company to work for in the nation for 2017 & 2018, we are on the leading edge of lending techniques and tools in the industry. We’ve created a company culture that’s unique to the lending world and boasts as one of the fastest growing lenders in Colorado.
At Spire Financial you will work with trustworthy, committed, and positive individuals who aim to be the preferred lender of choice in the mortgage industry. We are looking for people to join the team who are as excited and devoted to this goal as we are. We encourage our team members to shine. We cherish each and every partnership. We help families purse their dreams of home ownership. We build foundations for a stronger community.
Executive Summary of Position:
Amerifirst Financial, Inc. is involved in all aspects of retail mortgage lending and works to provide borrowers, local realtors, and others in the mortgage and real estate industry with the most comprehensive selection of loan products and uncompromised service at competitive rates.
Loan Originators are members of the AFI sales force and are expected to work primarily in the field generating new loans and making and maintaining contacts with various referral sources.
- Spends more than fifty (50) percent of his or her work time away from AFI’s place of business, including any home office, generating and selling loans offered by AFI and soliciting new borrowers and referral sources such as realtors, builders, and financial planners.
- Maintains relationships with referral sources.
- Meets with prospective clients in person at locations other than an AFI place of business to sell loans.
- Makes in-person calls on real estate agents, builders, financial planners and other referral sources.
- Time spent at a AFI place of business may be spent on taking loan applications; preparing loan files; attending meetings; completing paperwork; preparing marketing and sales materials; and calling, writing to, or communicating by email with borrowers, prospective borrowers and referral sources.
- Comprehends all functions of a real estate transaction in order to advise borrower regarding the same.
- Become knowledgeable and adhere to all applicable state and federal laws and/or regulations including, but not limited to, the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Truth-in-Lending Act, Fair Housing Act, and any related state mortgage banking laws, as well as the rules and ethics of the mortgage banking industry and HUD.
- Comprehends financial markets and stays informed of changes relevant to the mortgage industry, including local housing trends, markets and interest rates.
- Markets and promotes the various loan products offered by AFI.
- Attend weekly sales meetings.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Participate by example through the sharing of knowledge and skill to promote a positive team and work environment.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
Licensing, Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience Requirements:
- Approved/Active Colorado Originator Mortgage License will be required
- A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in finance, business administration or related field, from a four-year college or university is preferred and one or two years of industry- related experience and/or training are required. A combination of equivalent education and industry-related experience is acceptable.
- Credit and background check required.
- Language skill required is ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Language skill include the ability to read and interpret instructions, documents and manuals; write routine reports and correspondence; speak effectively before groups of customers, employees or vendors.
- Basic personal computing including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc. is required.
Compensation Plan commensurate with Experience – 100% Commission with Unlimited Income
· Health Savings Account
· Life Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Long-term disability
· Supplemental benefits (various)
· Maternity leave
Amerifirst Financial provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amerifirst Financial complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive representation of all possible duties, responsibilities and/or qualifications. Other duties, responsibilities and/or qualifications may be assigned to this position as the need arises and/or management requires. Employees understand, accept and recognize requirements relating to compliance issues and attend training as is appropriate and relative to their position including, but not limited to: the Bank Secrecy Act: Anti-Money Laundering, USA Patriot Act.
Job Type: Commission
Salary: $100,000.00 to $500,000.00 /year
- mortgage: 2 years (Required)
- Colorado Originator Mortgage License (Required)
- read, write, speak English (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative