Overview of Position:
The Investment Advisory Group (IAG) is responsible for the day-to-day portfolio oversight, manager evaluation, selection and ongoing due diligence in support of Hartford Funds, with approximately $105B in assets. IAG is seeking an Investment Research Analyst to join their successful team. This role will have direct ownership and responsibility for a group of funds within an asset class (Equity) across Hartford Funds’ mutual fund and ETF complex. The incumbent will work with senior members of the investment and research teams to perform the day to day oversight process on our funds and provide investment support to a variety of internal clients.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Day to day portfolio oversight, manager evaluation, selection, and ongoing due diligence of equity investment managers in Hartford Funds mutual fund and ETF complex.
- Act as a subject matter expert for a subset of funds within an asset class; responsible for communicating investment performance, risk characteristics, outlook, and strategy of the fund line up to the Independent Board of Directors, Senior Management, the firm’s clients and sales force
- Contribute to product development and management efforts across equity suite
- Understand and analyze key trends within domestic and international equities, and positioning of competitors
- Conduct thorough portfolio analysis using Lipper, Morningstar, Zephyr, Bloomberg, Factset and other tools
- Work closely with Sub Advisers on an ad hoc basis and through semi-annual due diligence meetings to understand fund performance, risk, characteristics and positioning
- Collaborate with broader organization on product positioning, marketing content, and investment insights
Contact the Human Resources Generalist for more information
- BA/BS required; concentration in finance, economics or quantitative discipline very strongly preferred. MBA, CIMA, CFA or progress towards preferred
- 5-10 years of equity investment related experience
- In depth knowledge of investment tools for performance analysis and portfolio analytics (i.e. Zephyr, FactSet, Bloomberg, Morningstar, Lipper, Barclays Live)
- Knowledge of quantitative equity analysis, as well as, portfolio risk exposure and performance attribution analysis, specifically experience evaluating and/or designing rules based strategic beta/multifactor products.
- Independent research ability and knowledge in statistical or quantitative stock selection modeling
- Strong interest in investing and an excellent grasp of financial markets
- Strong written, presentation and organizational skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Polished and articulate demeanor; projecting a high degree of self-confidence, poise and executive presence
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and work in a team environment
- Prior experience involving mutual fund and ETF product management a plus
- Experience in mutual fund manager selection/fund evaluation viewed favorably
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/ Disability/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity or Expression/ Religion/ Age
WHY JOIN HARTFORD FUNDS?
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Wayne, PA, Hartford Funds is a leading provider of mutual funds, strategic beta ETFs and 529 college savings plans. The company offers a broad range of strategies designed to provide solutions for a variety of investment needs. Excluding affiliated funds of funds, as of December 31, 2018, Hartford Funds Management Company, LLC and its wholly owned subsidiary, Lattice Strategies LLC, had approximately $104.8 billion in discretionary and non-discretionary assets under management. Hartford Funds are primarily sub-advised by Wellington Management or Schroder Investment Management, two leading investment advisors.
At Hartford Funds, we believe in human-centric investing—a unique approach that utilizes deep research and insights to understand the rational and emotional ways investors think about money, their investments and their financial advisors, and then create solutions and advisor tools designed to serve those investors and their mindsets.
Hartford Funds embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit where all employees are encouraged to ‘act like an owner’ of the firm, and live Hartford Funds’ human-centric investing approach. Employees work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, that is focused on strengthening financial advisor-client relationships by helping investors better realize their true life goals.
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At Hartford Funds, our compensation philosophy is simple:
we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, and more.
This position may be subject to The Hartford Funds political contributions policy.
Hartford Funds is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Apr 4, 2019, 4:33:37 PM
Remote Worker Option: