Basic Job Functions:
Provides the day-to-day HR support on an assigned crew(s) and/or departments. Supports the HR Manufacturing Team and leads employee relations efforts. Ensures all human resources functions and activities are carried out effectively, efficiently and in accordance with First Solar’s Core Values.
- 3-5 years of experience in Human Resources required.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Proven employee relations experience is required.
- Non-union manufacturing experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, major in human resources or business preferred.
- PHR, SPHR or GPHR certification is preferred.
- Must be detail oriented and consistently accurate.
- Ability to follow up on projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Proven computer skills in MS Office and HRIS.
- Strong organizational skills.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following examples)
- Partnering with associates of an assigned crew(s) and/or departments to provide a one-stop shop for HR support and act as a back up for opposite crew(s) and/or departments.
- Attending one associate meeting for the assigned crew(s) and/or departments per week at a minimum.
- Attending one production meeting per week.
- Keeping a pulse on associate morale by actively conducting management by walking around. Communicates associates concerns appropriately.
- Identifying opportunities for training and conduct training where appropriate.
- Conducting the day to day tasks of the following processes:
b. Performance Management.
c. Corrective Actions.
d. Leaves (STD, LTD, FMLA, and WC).
e. Termination / Resignation.
f. Changes in associates’ status (including, but not limited to promotions, demotions, etc).
- Organizing and managing the personnel and human resources files, both paper and electronic.
- Participating in and/or leading committees related to associates.
- Recommending improvements to HR processes and systems.
- Assisting with policy interpretation and adherence.
- Assisting with the event planning and implementation for the Perrysburg site, including but not limited to:
a. Planning, coordinating and carrying out the new hire orientation process.
b. Completing I-9 forms.
c. Associate pictures.
d. Business Update Meetings.
e. Recognition events.
- Answering benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, and courteous resolution.
- Working with payroll to resolve pay issues and questions raised.
- Performing others duties as assigned.
Office Physical Requirements:
- Will sit and stand for long periods of time during the day.
- Will walk, climb stairs and on equipment.
- May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist
- May lift up to 25 lbs.
- Required to use hands to finger, lift, handle, carry or feel objects.
- May stoop, kneel, bend, talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities are required.
All positions in our office require interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting. In order to best serve our customers, internal and external, all associates must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone with or without reasonable accommodation. First Solar is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided in the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check band any other tests that may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
First Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Employee Relations, Human Resources, Manufacturing
Bachelor of Business Administration:
Human Resources Management (Required)
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.