The Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Office of Research and Graduate Education, seeks to fill a dynamic and new role within the office in the new medical school building in downtown Buffalo. The Admissions Coordinator will promote programs by implementing recruitment strategies aimed at local and regional enrollment. Working as part of a team to assist in the overall operation of the Jacobs School programs to accomplish the following tasks that promote the mission of the Jacobs School, this position will:
- Communicate with and support incoming MD/PhD students throughout the admission process and coordinate student services for currently enrolled students. Oversee all steps in the admission process, from application to faculty committee review to onboarding and enrollment.
- Coordinate incoming students during the admission processes for the PhD Program in Biomedical Sciences (PPBS), the proposed interdisciplinary master’s program for pre-medical students, and all Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE). Serve as first point of contact for all applicants; utilize strong communication and customer service skills to respond to applicant questions and foster application completion.
- Working with the Administrative Director, coordinate recruitment and marketing for all Jacobs graduate programs. Represent the school at recruitment fairs and implement digital marketing efforts. Develop and maintain the communication plan for graduate programs in CRM software.
- Assist with student services for PPBS and SURE programs, including (but not limited to) orientation, housing arrangements, employee appointments, and arranging professional development workshops.
- Serve as a key member on the team that plans and executes special events such as commencement, research days, and recruitment visits.
Our Mission is to advance health and wellness across the life span for the people of New York and the world through the education of tomorrow’s leaders in health care and biomedical sciences, innovative research and outstanding clinical care. More information can be found at http://medicine.buffalo.edu/
Bachelor’s degree required with related experience in higher education, preferably at a larger public university. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills. Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task and manage priorities. Technology proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and social media platforms, with the capacity to learn new programs/technologies.
Master’s degree preferred with related experience in higher education, preferably in admissions, marketing and/or student services at a large public university. Technology proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, social media platforms, and UB student information and CRM systems, with the capacity to learn new programs/technologies.
Salary Range $45,000 - $48,000
Campus Downtown Campus
Special Instructions to Applicants
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation.