CV Engineering, a leader in industrial plant engineering design, is seeking a Senior Electrical Designer with electrical system design experience, to join our team in Pittsburgh, PA.
We are searching for a dynamic candidate who can:
- Utilize AutoCAD REVIT software to prepare 3D and 2D layout and design drawings which meet industry standards and codes.
- Apply knowledge of Electrical design practices including drawings, specifications, codes, building materials, and construction techniques.
- Prepare CAD electrical design drawings such as: single line diagrams; power, lighting, grounding, and other systems plans; electrical area plans; electrical equipment arrangement plans; cable tray layout plans and sections; conduit and cable schedules; motor control schematics.
- Apply standard drafting/design principles to complete assignments.
- Ensure compliance with company and client policies and applicable standards and codes such as ANSI, NEMA, NEC, IEEE, IEC, NFPA etc.
- Make required changes, additions, and/or revisions, as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Prepare typical electrical databases/spreadsheets such as: motor and electrical load lists; panel schedules; bills of materials.
- Assist the Department Manager in maintaining the project design schedule and budget.
- Coordinate with the Electrical Engineers regarding any information required for completion of the design.
- Interface with project management and project engineers during the design, execution and startup phase of projects.
- Coordinates with other disciplines to assure compliance with design requirements, company standards and procedures, industry codes and standards, and client criteria.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD REVIT.
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience in an electrical design engineering and in industrial environment.
- Electrical power system design experience for industrial facilities.
- Knowledge of Electrical design practices including drawings, specifications, codes, building materials, and construction techniques.
If you have these skills and want to be part of a team where you can further your technical career, please submit your resume using the link below.
CV Engineering, based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania is a multi-disciplinary Engineering, Project Management, and Consulting Company providing quality design, steel detailing, engineering, and project management services to our clients worldwide.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $49,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Electrical Design: 8 years (Required)
- Pittsburgh, PA (Preferred)