In order to apply for positions with the SC Department of Corrections (SCDC), you will be redirected to that Agency's website in order to complete the SCDC Application (No other applications will be accepted). Users registered with jobs.sc.gov cannot use the SCDC application to apply for positions located at other State Agencies. Click the below listed link to access the SCDC Employment Application:
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services
- Responsible for overall classification services at manning pre-release center.
- Supervise the pre-release and work program classification staff.
- Recruit employers for labor crew and work program inmate.
- Provide labor crew and work program training.
- Coordinate and participate in institutional orientation programs.
- Ensure that inmates are employed and details are adequately staffed.
- Conduct periodic reviews of inmate progress.
- Gather information pertaining to the inmate's social, criminal, educational and family history.
- Conduct oral and/or written responses to request for information concerning inmate status and input into automated system.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State Minimum Requirements:
A high school diploma and relevant program experience. A bachelor's degree may be substituted for the required program experience. (Or an accepted equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
Any four (4) year combination of Education, Correctional, and/Or Program Experience.
MUST ATTEND SCDC BASIC TRAINING
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.