Executive Director of Finance
This person is the lead financial liaison for multiple business units. Coordinates efforts from centralized analysis to distributed teams, including consolidation of plans and forecasts, standardized assumptions, and information management. He/she provides senior and executive management with financial reporting and analysis to be used for strategic and tactical decision making. This role works with executive members of management to develop, interpret and implement financial and modeling concepts or techniques related to strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting to drive business results. He/she leads the team involved with data collection, business analysis, developing tactical and strategic insight and delivering recommendations to management.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Integrated Business Planning
- Works with Senior Management and business units to determine strategic objectives and identify opportunities to meet these goals.
- Partners with business leaders to provide input and guidance on business issues and to provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the line(s) of business.
- Delivers presentations to executive and senior management teams about financial planning and analysis.
- Approves, in consultation with the business leader(s), the annual operating plan.
- Supports business unit executive directors and senior-level managers.
- Engages in a business-partnering role at the corporate level to deliver positive business results.
- Forecasts impact of achievement of incentives and other programs.
- Plans and oversees consolidated budgets and long-range plans.
- Leads the preparation of annual budgets and periodic forecasts.
- Analyzes impact of external and internal factors on the business and progress towards financial goals.
- Management Reporting
- Approves the monthly financial review package to management, including commenting on variances to plan, forecast and prior year.
- Provides high level performance “dashboard” quality reports to senior management or executive team.
- Leads group completion of financial review templates and meetings.
- Analyzes and reports on key drivers of business and company performance, including monthly and quarterly results and variance analysis.
- Analyzes actual results to understand variances, revise projections as appropriate.
- Operational Analysis
- Analyzes projections with respect to various operating strategies, shareholder value measures, and other metrics or objectives.
- Analyzes financial and operational data, draws conclusions and presents recommendations on decisions and actions.
- Performs sensitivity, scenario and what-if analysis as well as analyzes the financial impact of changes in business and new business opportunities/acquisitions.
- Conducts extensive research and industry analysis performance.
- Develops models and methods to analyze volume and margin trends to develop both short and medium-term forecasts.
- Leads various analyses including, but not limited, to ROI/NPV/IRR.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, management, or finance required
- MBA or an advanced degree in business, management, or finance required
- Real estate and/or investment banking experience a plus
- Expert level knowledge of MS Office including Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of appropriate accounting and financial modeling software programs
- 13-15 years of relevant experience in corporate finance, financial modeling, or accounting
- Experience in specialized functions including portfolio management, multiple corporate entities, business valuation, M&A and risk assessment
- Experience with capital expenditures, capital budgeting, capitalization and financing decisions. Experience with cash accounting.
- Experience with accounting software
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Consensus building
- Financial analysis skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Presentation skills
- Strategic planning
- Verbal communication skills
- Written communication skills
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS SUMMARY
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Salaried, Exempt status
- PTO (paid time off) and company-paid holidays
- Comprehensive Benefit Package including 401k
- Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
- Works with: Portfolio Management, Asset Management, CIO, Banks, Investors, Auditors and Trade Partners, Directors and Managers of Sylvan Road entities
Sylvan Road Capital, LLC and its affiliates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by Federal or State Law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Do you have 13 or more years of relevant experience in corporate finance, financial modeling, or accounting?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off