Prepares documentation, maintains records, and coordinates logistics for international product shipment.
- Schedules and coordinates international air, sea and land freight transactions
- Ensures freight transactions are selected based on company objectives for cost and delivery
- Prepares Import/Export documentation including but not limited to Letters of Credit, Shipping Letter of Instruction, invoices and packing lists
- Applies harmonized codes and export licensing as required
- Maintains the shipping records, including providing tracking or shipping history information on request
- Interfaces with brokers and freight forwarders to obtain compliance with company requirements
- Coordinates with freight forwarders to merge or consolidate shipments
- Coordinate with internal departments to ensure shipments are consistent with customer requirements, to support the timely delivery and to communicate to the field regarding order requests
- Prepares Shipping paperwork as well as completes shipping transaction in appropriate systems
- Proactively resolves and escalates delivery issues to appropriate personnel
- Comply with EHS & Quality System regulations and policies
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Perform warehouse distribution duties in compliance with current GDP as per annual GDP Training and local procedures’ (Core Imaging Only)
Quality Specific Goals:
- High school Diploma or local equivalent
- At least 2 years experience in Operations
- Demonstrate ability to read, write and speak in local language
- Ability to communicate well and work with others
- Ability to interface with Customers and Suppliers in a business professional manner on the phone and through e-mail
- Basic computer skills
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience in an Import/Export
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook
GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
United States; Wisconsin; Madison
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.