Crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication are the hallmarks of Kate Spade & Company. From handbags and clothing to jewelry, fashion accessories, fragrance, eyewear, shoes, swimwear, home decor, desk accessories, stationery, tabletop and gifts, our exuberant approach to the everyday encourages personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. We call it living colorfully.
Kate Spade & Company has more than 450 specialty and outlet shops in 47 countries around the world. Our colorful products are sold worldwide, in every time zone and on every continent. Whether in San Francisco, Sao Paulo or Shanghai, our shops are always warm and inviting.
Welcome to Kate Spade & Company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Client & Service Expert:
Leadership Presence/Steward of Talent:
- Meet and/or exceed store/district sales plans, control expenses and improve metrics for multi-store districts through leadership, training and development, coaching and personal example.
- Oversee sales development of the district by partnering with store leaders on business driving initiatives as well as store specific business plans.
- Communicate and achieve store productivity targets including sales per hour, adt, upt, and capture rate.
- Ensure members of management are effectively utilizing the divisions of responsibilities program to take ownership of the business in their respective areas.
- Conduct regular store visits to ensure standards are maintained, expectations are being achieved and action plans are developed in order to move the business forward.
- Coaching on all customer service issues in order to exceed customer expectations.
- Model and supervise the selling environment, provide consistent coaching on sales training process in order to ensure the highest level of client service and sales.
- Ensure visual merchandising directives are implemented efficiently as per direction and visual standards are maintained in your district at all times.
- Act as a liaison between stores, corporate partners, buyers and visual director to ensure that merchandise assortments reflect the brand strategy and stock levels are appropriate to meet the needs of the business.
- Understand and able to communicate the kate spade new york brand aesthetic, brand philosophy and lifestyle to the sales team and client.
- Responsible for the recruiting, interviewing and hiring of store team. Develop a leadership talent pool to achieve succession planning goals for reporting location and district stores.
- Assist store leaders in training, coaching and development, customer service standards, standard operating procedures, impeccable visual standards and employee relations compliance.
- Ensure that all store training and development programs are implemented and monitored for success such as new hire on-boarding, clientele standards, and sales training.
- Touch base with each store leader on a weekly basis to gain an understanding of all aspects of their business including merchandising, staffing, operations, etc. provide consistent follow-up and feedback.
- Perform annual performance evaluations for direct reports while overseeing the process at the store level by providing feedback on all leadership and associate reviews.
- Network and create positive relationships in the community that result in business generation, awareness of kate spade new york brand and builds a bench strength of qualified candidates to fill key open positions.
- Oversee and control payroll budget and weekly hours within area to ensure appropriate sales floor coverage by reviewing stores schedule and adjusting as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
- Analyze and react to business trends regarding assortment, communicating sell-through, stock levels, opportunities to increase sales.
- Ensure district adheres to all company policies and procedures with integrity.
- Directly responsible for coordinating and facilitating all aspects for new store openings and store renovations (hiring of team, opening process, orientation for new team members, training, etc.).
- Oversee maintenance and movement of inventory to ensure inventory shrinkage is less than 1%.
Education & Experience Required:
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- 5+ years management experience in luxury goods or a comparable retail environment with a focus on clienteling
- Multi-store management experience
- Financial management: success with driving top-line sales, interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets, and controlling expense.
- Leadership management: solid experience with attracting, developing, and motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change, and leading others through the change-curve, developing collaborative relationships with others, and leading and influencing from a distance
- Extensive travel required; extreme flexibility and adaptability to work schedule needed
- Passion and desire for excellence by exceeding goals successfully and consistently
- Proven ability to develop and retain top talent
- Proven ability to better business results year over year
- Exceptional client service skills
- Proven leadership and organizational skills
- Strong business acumen; including retail math and P&L responsibility
- Proven ability to work with retail operating systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic; ability to problem solve
Kate Spade & Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Able to safely lift boxes up to 40 pounds
- Comfortable climbing ladders