The Department Operations Manager will plan, direct and coordinate the operations of the Tank Wash Department. This role reports to the Operations Manager and is responsible for oversight of the Tank Wash Operations. This role is responsible for ensuring that quality service is being provided to customers. The Tank Wash Manager will be responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency, profitability and overall safety of departmental operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies.
Department Operations Manager Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Safety and Quality
- Coordinate, manage and monitor the performance of department.
- Ensuring safe operations while maintaining the highest standards of quality.
- Support and direct the training and development of employees.
- Foster a positive culture with motivated employees.
- Ensure proper hazardous waste disposal adheres to RCRA regulations
- Monitor to ensure waste water systems are operating efficiently and within local regulation and permit
- Utilize financial information to improve profitability.
- Ensure Inventories are properly controlled in order to maintain a high level of efficiency.
- Plan effective strategies for the well-being of the department
- Responsible for department P&L
- Direct Department policies and procedures.
- Improve, enforce and maintain the operational systems, processes and policies in support of company mission.
- Ensure equipment is operating efficiently. Plan repairs and replacements accordingly.
- Create billing invoices and communicate with customers on account disputes
- Ensure department productivity and utilization meets customers’ needs
- Recruiting of production employees
- Developing training and progression plan for production employees
- Provide communication with key stake holders and customers
- Responsible for departmental production goals.
- Responsible for quality control for the terminal.
Supervisory Responsibilities of the Department Operations Manager:
Directly supervises all Tank Wash employees which includes equipment operators. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Department Operations Manager Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Department Operations Manger Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent or five or more years related progressive experience.
HACCP Knowledge Desired
Food grade knowledge is a plus
Travel= Domestic 10%
Salary Range DOE:
$50K - $60K /year
- Project & Performance based bonus
- Competitive pay
- Weekly pay
- Medical Insurance - Two Plan Options
- Vitality Medical Insurance Discount Program – with a free annual Biometric Screening
- Dental Plan
- VSP Vision Plan
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability with optional buy up option at group rates
- $25,000 life insurance for CBSL Employees after 90 days, with optional spouse/dependent coverage
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance including coverage for family
- 401k with up to a 3.5% match
- Holiday pay and additional floater as determined by CBSL
- PTO program
- Tuition Reimbursement program