Responsibilities include for the overall management and accountability for the performance of the facility including warehouse operations, customer relations, quality and security. In addition, the Facility Manager is accountable for achieving company objectives, safety initiatives, productivity standards, continuous improvement and cost control goals. The Facility Manager is an ISO Champion for the operation managed which requires to drive data, maintain KPI and drive corrective action.
- Must be able to read, understand, implement, and effectively train others on policies and procedures, standard operating procedures, and work instructions clearly and effectively for areas of operations, safety and administration.
- Develop and direct all managers and supervisors to ensure the efficient and cost-effective operation of the facility.
- Hire, train and lead staff as required.
- Monitoring the performance and progress of staff.
- Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure set productivity goals are met.
- Oversee all facility services to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Ensure current and accurate inventory control for all products and material.
- Plan long-range labor needs based on customer forecasts and input from senior management.
- Focus on continuous improvement and make recommendations to senior management.
- Coordinate with vendors and logistics planners on operational issues: forecasts, product, transportation, KPIs, etc.
- Remain knowledgeable of current hardware and software technology.
- Ensure current and accurate inventory controls and invoicing for all processes.
- Ensure that procedures are in place for the efficient operation and utilization of all warehouse equipment.
- Allocate and manage resources according to changing needs and demands.
- Continually maintain a professional and courteous relationship with all customers.
- Work with customers to plan and prepare for new business; space requirements, KPIs, process flows, and SLAs.
- Ensure customer relations training programs for all front-line personnel.
- Prepare and present Quarterly Business Reviews with customers.
- Ensure the security of the facility, its environments, employees and contents.
- Conduct regular instruction in good security practices.
- Maintain the facility at the highest level of cleanliness so that appearance is "visitor ready" at all times.
- B.S. or B.A. in Business Management, Supply Chain, Operations or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-7 years of management experience in warehousing and/or logistics, preferably in a 3PL environment.
Job Type: Full-time