Skirack has been operating since 1969 in Burlington, VT and is committed to delivering world-class service, products, and events. Our company consists of 3 distinct locations; Skirack, Patagonia Burlington, and Vermont Trailwear. We are seeking enthusiastic, team-focused, and detail-oriented bike and ski technicians to join our Bike and Ski Service and Rental Department.
You’ll have an opportunity to join a team that supports hundreds of new and existing customers in our community by servicing all types of bikes, skis, and boards. You will also help our sales team drive sales and get our customers on the most dialed in equipment.
We’re super interested in people who are going to contribute to a positive, communicative, and team-oriented environment. We’re always hiring for the right person, so we encourage everyone who loves working on skis, boards, and bikes to apply.
- Practice and build on the five core competencies every employee is responsible for: Customer Relationships, Teamwork, Effective Communication, Problem Solving, Job Skills, and Company Guidelines.
- Work independently and closely with co-workers to deliver a high quality and consistent product to assure that our customers have an outstanding experience riding and skiing across North America and beyond.
- Delivers the highest level of customer service possible.
- Specific bike and/or ski-related work will be aligned with technicians capabilities. Specific work may include, but is not limited to: new bike builds, final safety checks on sold bikes, drivetrain cleaning and repair, flat fixes, suspension work, boxing for shipping, hand tuning and waxing skis, big batch tuning, binding mounts, binding release checks, etc.
- Naturally enjoys and is passionate about summer and winter sports.
- Minimum expectation would be 20 hrs/week with at least one weekend shift.
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to manage time effectively and contribute to department performance goals.
- Must provide your own tools (limited shop supply of bike and ski tools are available)
- Must be able to use computer, Internet, POS system, and phones on a daily basis.
- Must be able to safely lift/carry/drag 60 lbs.
- Must be able to stand up to 7+ hours. (Reasonable accommodations will be considered)
An Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of service experience.
- Currently certified to perform binding work or have been in the past.
- Experience working with Wintersteiger or Montana equipment for tuning, edging, mounting and adjusting bindings is a plus.
- Experience working on alpine and nordic equipment with the Nordic NC Race Grinder from Wintersteiger.
Additional Perks: (may change at any time)
- We want you in the gear we sell - access to deep discounts on products and services.
- Privileges to ski and ride at local resorts at steep discounts.
- Limited access to our fleet of rental bikes, skis, snowboards, and splitboards.
- Flexible working schedule
Skirack is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Skirack does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
To apply, please attach your cover letter and resume.
Job Type: Part Time, Seasonal, and possible Year Round employment.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Bike Mechanic: 2 years (Preferred)
- Winter Service Technician: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly