The Outpatient Services Medical Director/Psychiatrist is part of an interdisciplinary clinical team comprised of psychiatric nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers and other mental health staff providing behavioral health services to clients of The Bridge’s Outpatient Programs – an Article 31 Outpatient Mental Health Clinic, Personalized Recovery Oriented Services (PROS) and Article 822 Outpatient Substance Abuse Programs. This position is key component of our coordinated service delivery system that provides integrated behavioral and physical health with community partners (especially the on-site primary care provider, Ryan Health), and in collaboration with The Bridge’s residential and care management programs.
- Conduct psychiatric assessments and evaluations;
- Prescribe, monitor and administer psychotropic medications, and medications for the treatment of substance abuse disorders;
- Assess and monitor the physical health of clients ensuring that they receive fully integrated care;
- Provide clinical consultation and support to outpatient and other agency staff when present and after hours;
- Provide consultation and support to the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners and supervision of Nursing Staff;
- Complete all clinical documentation as required by payers, funders, and regulatory authorities via an Electronic Health Record.
- Review and sign treatment plans/reviews, Medicaid services authorizations, and benefits related documentation;
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives, policy development, and the implementation of Evidence-Based Practices;
- Participate in clinical case conferences, team meetings, High Risk conferences, Incident Review Committee, quality improvement and policy development;
- Complete all administrative paperwork required.
- Must be currently licensed to practice medicine in New York and is board certified/eligible in Psychiatry or Neurology.
- Must either be board certified in addiction medicine or be willing to obtain certification within four (4) years of being hired.
- Must be certified to prescribe buprenorphine and other medication assisted treatment for substance abuse.
- Medicaid/Medicare enrolled provider, preferred
This is a three day (3) per week/21 hours position. Hours are regularly from 9-5, Monday through Friday; days and hours are flexible. Malpractice insurance is covered by the agency. Salaried staff are eligible for agency benefits, prorated by hours. Salary is competitive.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement