Ensures the temple ordinances are kept pure and made available to worthy Church members by:
As work leader:
- Providing an environment where patrons may have a positive and uplifting experience each time they come to the temple.
- Maintaining and operating temples at standards established by the First Presidency.
- Gives work direction to other assistant temple facilities managers.
- Acts as resource to custodians, security guards, and gardeners.
- Assists the Building Engineer in the general supervision of the physical plant.
- Provides organizational supervision during the Temple Engineer's absence.
- Assists the Temple Engineer with maintenance planning and organization by using FMAT, TFIS and other software tools as may be provided.
Typically works in a temple and supporting buildings that total 20,000 - 40,000 square feet.
Provides necessary maintenance and repairs in the following areas as assigned:
- Ensures that all computerized heating and air conditioning equipment and controls operate at maximum efficiency.
- Services complex water treatment equipment for boilers and culinary water systems, cooling tower and chilled water systems and conducts water treatment tests to maintain proper pH, hardness levels, and conductivity of the water.
- Maintains and repairs laundry equipment and kitchen systems including clothes washers and dryers, refrigerators, freezers, etc. to assure optimum and reliable operation.
- Maintains baptismal font filtering and water purification system, water supply, mixing valves, etc. in order to maintain necessary pH control and sanitizing levels of water as specified by local codes.
- Maintains electrical system, including the following: Heavy industrial high voltage three phase wiring; Conventional and electronic motor control system; Lighting systems of various voltages, lamp types and control methods.
- Cleans, maintains, and repairs electronic systems including computerized systems, display panels, printers, digital and analog communication cables and uninterruptable power supplies.
- Services and adjusts all projection, sound and communication systems.
- Makes necessary modifications to any temple mechanical or electrical systems as needed.
Bachelor's degree in facilities management or professional certification or license in one of the following areas: plumbing, electrical, HVAC, landscaping/grounds.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of physical plant operation as demonstrated by 4 years' experience in physical plant operation and extensive experience in skilled trades: electrical, electronics, plumbing, welding, carpentry, painting, general construction, blueprint and schematic reading, mechanical repair, HVAC, and floor coverings.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and training skills.
- Familiarity with applicable health and safety regulations.
- Possession of basic computer skills.
- Licensed as required by local law.
- Current Temple Recommend required.
Must be an endowed member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints with a current temple recommend.
Posting Notice/More Info.
All positions are subject to close without notice.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at http://careers.lds.org.