Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Responsible for coordinating and supervising all warehouse activities of an assigned work team on a shift basis by directing assigned Associates in the receiving, warehousing, and shipping of customer product in a manner consistent with service and cost objectives.
- Supervise and coordinate the most efficient unloading of inbound shipments, orderly stacking of product, and the picking and staging of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of quality.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Responsible for the cross communication between shifts.
- Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment.
- Maintain a clean; neat, and orderly work area; ensure all security policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure Associates follow all safety policies and procedures. Thoroughly investigate and report all safety accidents and violations in a timely manner. Conduct operations in accordance with OSHA and MSDS Standards.
- Ensure proper food safety practices are maintained.
- Direct the operations of the assigned work team to achieve prescribed objectives.
- Conduct shift meetings.
- Follow all policies and procedures.
- Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staff for effective performance of activities and response to fluctuating workloads.
- Prepare and maintain work records and reports of information such as employee time and wages, daily receipts, or inspection results.
- Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems.
- Evaluate employee performance and prepare performance appraisals.
- Conduct staff meetings to relay general information or to address specific topics, such as safety.
- Counsel employees in work-related activities, personal growth, or career development.
- Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, or disciplinary measures.
- Assess training needs of staff and arrange for or provide appropriate instruction.
- Resolve personnel problems, complaints, or formal grievances when possible, or refer them to higher-level supervisors for resolution.
- Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain forklift certification.
- HS Diploma, Associates Degree Preferred
- 3+ years supervisory or warehouse experience or successful completion of Americold’s internship program
- Ability to perform the same work duties as those supervised or performs more difficult or skilled tasks or assist in their performance.
- Ability to supervise employees.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment in communicating with staff.
- Must be able to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a manager.
- Willingness to develop a mentoring relationship in order to contribute experience, skills, and wisdom to subordinate employees for their development.
- Receptive to management development suggestions and willing to seek additional knowledge to facilitate job growth.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have very strong customer service orientation with high sense of urgency in meeting objectives and deadlines.
- May require experience working in a union environment.
- Tools and Technology Required: Microsoft Office Suite, Calculators, Desktop computers and Photocopiers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions for this position and meet the physical requirements needed to perform them. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities.
- Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
- Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, bending, or carrying light loads
- Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
- Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
- Occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Working environment is usually in a frozen food and office setting, with occasional need to leave the premises
- Occasionally works overtime, evenings, or weekends in order to complete work or to attend meetings
- Travel may be required
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.