Stamford Hospital is looking for a full-time PMO Manager to join it's award winning Information Services Department! This position will be responsible for establishing and managing the Enterprise Information Technology Project Management Office and project portfolio.
The PMO Manager will:
establish and communicate the appropriate processes and procedures to ensure project management methodology is being executed across the organization.
work to increase the effectiveness of PMO’s (Program Management Office) processes and tool-set by working with Management and staff to identify opportunities for improvement and implementing change to take advantage of those opportunities.
tasked with improving Stamford Health’s Information Service’s ability to make and meet its commitments and maximize the utilization of its labor resources through the application of Portfolio, Project, and Resource Management principles.
manage Stamford’s project managers to perform the following activities: creation of deliverable templates, review and assessment of projects, providing project management tool support, creating appropriate weekly/monthly PMO reports, soliciting and reviewing project/portfolio financials.
manage diverse and complex projects and programs as part of their responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Project Management, Business, Information Technology or related discipline combined with twelve (12) years of experience leading or managing projects within an Healthcare IT setting
- A minimum of 10 years of experience managing teams / project managers
- Experience in IT PMO leadership, portfolio performance metrics and reporting, and project financials.
- Experience in the design of PMO processes and standards
- Strong written and oral communication with the ability to present ideas in business-friendly and professional manner
- Advanced judgment, problem resolution, organizational, cross-collaboration, conflict resolution, negotiation, and decision-making skills
- Core understanding of IT systems and requirements to set and measure cross departmental functional deployment to meet corporate goals.
- Works well under pressure with the ability to prioritize and deliver multiple complex projects simultaneously and under tight timelines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams and stakeholders to analyze problems and propose recommended solutions that meet technical and operational business needs.
- Experience in leading and facilitating group process, decision making and prioritization
- Demonstrated ability to proactively problem solve, anticipate needs, drive results and exercise good judgment.
- Demonstrable knowledge of health information technology and experience working in a healthcare environment. Experience or exposure to an Electronic Health Record system.