Ensures that product is properly loaded, rung up and processed accurately and timely as well as handling customer problems and issues to develop a spirit of positive customer service.
- Supervises, trains, evaluates and works alongside cashiers, front-end loaders, checkers and U-boat retrieval
- Ensures safe operating procedures are followed.
- Makes recommendations for hiring, firing and promoting of employees.
- Prevents long lines and delayed customer checkouts by anticipates busy times of each day, week and/or season and developing weekly schedules for cashiers and loaders including lunches and breaks.
- As part of loss prevention, ensures all employees at registers are performing cart to cart transfers when processing sales.
- Secures front end by making sure the loaders and cashiers do not exchange information on counts from the receipt.
- Ensures that loaders are loading wagons and assisting customers to the parking lot.
- Monitors loaders to make sure that they load all product and check any open boxes to ensure integrity/security of product being entered.
- Ensures loaders are loading and conducting piece counts and calling off to supervisors.
- Ensures that the front end has proper staffing and operating equipment to allow quick and accurate checkout. Including scanners and registers.
- Ensures that cashiers are checking big boxes to ensure the integrity of the ring-up.
- Ensures Front End Supervisors are checking all wagons at point of exit for proper date, name on top of receipt, number of receipt total of last receipt, and matches total on yellow paid receipt.
- Reviews cashier and loader errors and documents in log, for them to sign.
- Handles adjustments, returns, over rings, voids, etc. so as to maintain a smooth flow of customers.
- Keeps logs of items not properly labeled to make sure they are corrected on floor.
- Monitors cashiers to make sure they are following through on their job responsibilities concerning loading of goods onto wagons, checking of receipts and counts, as well as ringing/scanning of product.
- Assures that customer problems are handled quickly so as not to allow the cashier or loader to have words with the customer.
- Maintains dialogue with customers to get feedback on items not found, and quality of service on the floor.
- Maintains a New Item Request log which is reviewed weekly with the Branch Manager.
- Ensures that customers have adequate supply of wagons that are working and roll easy.
- Makes sure that employees in front end are properly dressed and wearing their name tags.
- Assigns employees in slow periods to do other work, such as return or processing of damages, sweeping and cleaning of F/E and parking lot area.
- Ensures all supervisors are completing a minimum of 5 test checks per day they work.
- Maintains integrity of F/E displays and stocking areas.
Ensure registers are stocked with the Rate Us Cards, flyers, hot sheets, store maps, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)