Crossroads is a contemporary church of approximately 3,000+. We are experiencing a season of growth and development as we have launched an initiative to start new campuses throughout our region. Both in 2018 and 2019, Crossroads was listed by Outreach Magazine as one of the fastest growing church in America. Crossroads is located in Mansfield, Ohio, a city of 50,000 people in a region of 225,000. The Mansfield area is conveniently located on two major highways, and sits between two major cities, Columbus and Cleveland. There are many family-friendly attractions in the area, and many outdoor activities year-round. For more information on all that the area has to offer visit http://www.mansfieldtourism.com.
The mission of Crossroads Community Church is to “Lead People to the Truth that Transforms Lives in North Central Ohio and Around the World.” Crossroads strives to accomplish this mission through three distinct core values: 1. Committed to Glorifying God 2. Connected in Community and 3. Called to Share. Crossroads is a dynamic church with people eager for the effective work of God’s Word to transform them. We want to continue to grow in our use of cutting-edge worship technologies as well as our information technology capabilities and are looking for a Production Arts Director to help lead in these vital areas.
Responsible for leading Production Arts staff and teams in utilizing excellent, dynamic, and innovative technologies to support the worship services at Crossroads Church; and providing tech support for special events. This role will also help oversee IT across all Crossroads campuses.
- Cast vision and manage priorities for weekend production volunteer teams.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and direction to the Production staff, as well as provide yearly reviews.
- Work with Production Arts leaders to build, lead, train, oversee, and inspire a dynamic team of leaders and team members across all current and future campuses to produce dynamic audiovisual elements for weekend services, livestream, and special events.
- Provide spiritual leadership and genuine care for the well-being of your staff and volunteers.
- Cultivate and foster a commitment to excellence by keeping systems and equipment current and growing.
- Provide ongoing training systems and tech support for all campuses (give away leadership and empower volunteers).
- Implement/monitor systems for equipment purchases, inventory logs, maintenance and replacement of equipment.
- Develop, train and empower interns to serve and grow in different production areas throughout the church.
- Oversee network infrastructures.
- Create an infectious positive tone in the production environment that leads to excitement and expectation.
- Create, model and hold the standard for clean and neat production spaces.
- Actively participate in the life of Crossroads and life of the production team.
- Help Executive Pastor oversee IT systems and infrastructures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Participate in and contributes to weekly worship planning and assist the team in coordinating service elements on a technical level & brainstorming creative programming ideas.
- Produce high-capacity team members and high excellence in all the production aspects of the weekend experience.
- Secure that substitute team members are scheduled when needed.
- Ensure that all production elements are in place and volunteers are fully engaged and communicated with.
- Be present at rehearsals to coach/train volunteers.
- Operate in different positions on the Tech Team only if necessary (This should rarely happen).
- Oversee the creation of set designs across all campuses and provide volunteers and technical support.
- Oversee livestreaming video on campus and online.
- Oversee all recording and projection of video during services and special events.
- Oversee weekend service footage post-production.
- Collaborate with Campus Production teams to engineer, build, and test multimedia presentations and set designs.
- Establish and maintain processes for use of equipment and software.
- Provide/Manage video and technical system maintenance/upgrades for all campuses and all meeting space venues (campus auditoriums, classrooms, kid’s rooms, etc.).
- Maintain an equipment repair log and inventory.
- Maintain and manage subscriptions and licenses for software and hardware used by Production Arts.
- Help with changes to video/streaming innovations and future implementation.
- Consistently look for updates on software and hardware.
- Maintain and manage budget for Production Arts department.
- Advise regarding the procurement, strategy and financial planning grids of new A/V/L equipment.
- Diagnose tech needs for potential Crossroads Campuses.
- Provide leadership for installation of tech at all Crossroads campuses.
Help Executive Pastor to:
- Oversee IT operations and systems.
- Provide direction, guidance and strategies for IT systems and infrastructure (computer and information systems, security, communication systems).
- Consult with key staff to identify technology needs and to optimize the use of IT.
- Establish/maintain productive relationships with department leaders to ensure IT efforts align with Crossroad’s needs.
- Ensure smooth delivery and operation of IT services by monitoring systems performance.
- Create processes and standards for selection, implementation, and support of systems.
- Provide direction, guidance, and training to IT personnel.
- Provide leadership for installation of tech at all Crossroads campuses.
- Oversee and be a resource for technical projects.
- Direct and participate in the delivery of networks, infrastructure, and disaster recovery systems and processes.
- Lead efforts to improve IT and business processes including researching and recommending new products.
- Find creative solutions to problems.
- Institute and enforce information security measures.
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Build and maintain vendor relationships and manage the purchase of hardware and software.
- Manage IT resources.
- Provide expert leadership on the effective utilization of our business operating systems (Microsoft AX and supporting systems).
- Develop / support efficiencies and provide data visibility.
- Ensure that proper protocols and security are in place to ensure Crossroad’s systems are secure and reliable.
- Supervise the management of Crossroad’s voicemail / document management systems including, but not limited to telecommunications systems, printers / copiers, etc.
- Meet weekly with Worship Arts Pastor for oversight, discipleship, and leadership development.
- Attend staff meetings, service programming, creative meetings and others as determined by Worship Arts Pastor.
- Review and advise staff on all event contracts for concerts, conferences, and events.
- Provide volunteers and technical support for meetings and events (i.e. classes, funerals, weddings, conferences, concerts, etc.) and coordinate assistance for video production of special events, as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize projects and able to utilize creative problem-solving skills.
- Mobilizer and multiplier. Not only attracts followers but can turn them into teams of leaders.
- Aesthetic Eye. Able to add beauty and dynamic expression to our technical production elements.
- Teachable leader who diligently grows craft, knowledge and leadership, as well help others to grow and develop.
- A refiner. Actively pursues growth in character, chemistry (team) and competence (expertise in technical role).
- Not a lone ranger maverick, but someone who enjoys creating teamwork and community.
- Passionate vision for implementing technology to enhance Crossroad’s existing ministries.
- Remains calm and works well under pressure.
- Someone who serves with a positive attitude and a ‘can-do’ spirit.
- Humble and servant-hearted listener. Enthusiastic about improvement.
- Innovative, progressive and future-minded.
- Strong Communicator able to teach and maintain systems/processes.
- Passionate about the seamless execution of details.
- Have an intimate and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be fully committed to living a godly life both in public and private. A person of character and demonstrated lifestyle of integrity consistent with Biblical principles (1 Tim. 3:1-7).
- Be fully committed to his/her family by lovingly leading his/her spouse and children in life and ministry.
- Be willing to join the family of Crossroads Community Church as a member.
- Agree with overall ministry philosophy and direction of Crossroads. Demonstrate enthusiasm for the mission and vision of Crossroads and actively engage in church and personal efforts to live out and further them.
- Be committed to the ministry of Crossroads Community Church and see his/her role as one of shepherding and guiding Crossroads tech team members to be fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
- Sees himself/herself as leader of leaders as well as a team player who is willing to work within the boundaries of the pastoral staff, elder board, and leaders in the ministry.
- A team player able to serve collaboratively with multiple leaders.
- An adventurous spirit, willing to take appropriate risks.
- A desire to remain current and up to date on fresh, exciting technologies as they become available.
- A multi-faceted knowledge of Information Technology systems and infrastructure.
- A multi-faceted knowledge of media and the latest technology in worship, including lighting, digital audio consoles, com systems, multi-tracks, in-ear systems, soundscapes, planning center, livestream technology, video projection, signal flow, etc.
- Able to learn and master new technology quickly and thoroughly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be able to lift and/or move at least 35lbs. and stand for long stretches of time.
- 4+ years of technical and or production experience, preferably at a church of 1,000 or more.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is a plus.
- Musical ability is a plus.
PREFERRED PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- JVC, Kramer, Ross & Systems video equipment
- Sony cameras, PTZ robotic cameras, Panasonic broadcast cameras
- Professional audio consoles & systems (i.e. Allen & Heath)
- Dante and AVB networking protocols
- Harman/BSS London Blu audio processors
- Jands / Chroma-Q lighting consoles and software
- Professional production-style video switchers and Blackmagic interfaces
- Various professional intelligent and conventional lighting fixtures and hazers
- Professional audio processors, hearing assist systems, amplifiers, loudspeakers, wireless systems and RF coordination.
- 70V distributed audio
- Component level troubleshooting and repair for electronic equipment
- Clear-Com Intercom systems
- Multitrack systems
- ProPresenter and other Renewed Vision products
- Planning Center Online
- Apple hardware and networking
- Sony, Hitachi, Panasonic Projectors
- Experience with non-linear editing software and DAWs
- Experience with both DSLR and ENG-style cameras
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Suite
- Experience with 3D modeling software is a plus
- Microsoft Windows workstations
- iOS servers
- iOS workstations
- Proficiency in Mac OS X
- Amazon Web Services
- Office 365
- Printing systems
- Network setup and topology
- Network security
- IT security & storage systems
- Phone systems
- Backup and Restore methodologies
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $38,000.00 - $53,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- United States (Preferred)
- Do you have experience leading in a multi-site church? If so, what was your role?
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible