WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Michael Baker International’s Construction Services staff supports clients by acting as their trusted on-site agent through all phases of construction, from pre-design to close-out, by providing qualified construction managers, inspectors, constructability reviewers, schedulers, estimators and safety experts. As new technologies evolve throughout the construction industry, innovative ideas are required to maintain and deliver successful construction projects.
As a part of our Construction Services Team, the Intern will assist in the facilitation of facilities (building structures) and/or roadway construction projects. You will assist the Assistant Project Manager/Project Manager in duties to ensure the project is built in accordance with the contract documents and within the contractually allotted timeframe.
- Part of your week will be spent in the office assisting the APM/PM with duties as assigned and noted above.
- The other part of your week will be spent in the field assisting the PM and Superintendent with duties as assigned and noted above.
- You will participate in project status meeting, including preparing the agenda and documenting the minutes.
- You will monitor the contractor’s Request for information (RFI), submittals, and the responses to these items.
- You will be given the opportunity to witness and practically apply the education garnered in the classroom.
- You will have the opportunity to stretch and grow your construction knowledge as well as your technical and managerial faculties.
- You will need to have a construction related degree (2 or 4 year) or be in the process of obtaining a degree in the construction field.
- You will need computer skills to write reports, maintain submission logs, provided cost estimates and other calculations.
- You will need strong English language skills, written and verbal, as they are required in this role. Communication is the cornerstone on which we build our business.
- You will need to be able to traverse construction sites and be outdoors in various climates.
- You will need the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and the ability to read and interpret plans and specifications.