AWS Dev Engineer
Portland, OR or Seattle, WA
Responsibilities & Requirements
Cambia Health Solutions is working to create a seamless and frictionless health care experience for consumers nationwide. This presents a unique challenge and opportunity for innovative solutions.
Are you a Dev Engineer with AWS experience? If so, Cambia Health needs you! This position participates in a team environment for the delivery and maintenance of application systems. Responsible for programming, debugging and testing of applications in a development environment. Generally responsible for database extracts and cloud interfaces. This position provides technical, interpersonal and administrative skills in performing day to day work.
Responsibilities for this role include
Your professional experience and education will include:
- Develops efficient and maintainable program code.
- Continuously seeks to improve job skills. Actively participates in the company's learning environment.
- Works on compensating for personal limits in both technical and professional soft skills.
- Meets established deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Prepares system test plans, test criteria, and test data.
- Develops innovative solutions to problems.
- Understands and participates in deliverables required by approved Development Lifecycles.
- Determines program design and prepares work estimates for development or changes for assigned work.
- Takes initiative and seeks out work.
- Prepares program, system, operational and User documentation.
- Performs testing and documents the results.
- Adheres to policies, procedures, and standards in place within IT/Engineering as well as all corporate policies, procedures and standards created by Cambia. Those include, but are not limited to, technical and architecture standards, production implementation standards, regular status reporting, regular participation in team, regular one on one meetings with Lead or Manager, and providing work estimates and regular time tracking.
- Expected deliverables include but are not limited to requirement analysis, system analysis, system design, data models, program design, source code development, test case development, testing, and documentation.
- May be responsible for on-call duties as defined by management.
- Develops efficient and effective program and system solutions in solving light to medium complex business problems.
- Provides consulting support for IT and Business partners by researching, identifying and resolving highly technical programming problems.
- Develops light to medium-complex programs and systems in support of business processes and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, Engineering or a related field and relevant experience in a multi-platform environment, including, but not limited to application development or database development. Experience will typically include significant involvement with one or more of the following key technologies: Java, J2EE, .NET, Oracle, DataStage, Salesforce.com or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Communicates clearly in a timely manner in both verbal and written communication with other Software Development Engineers.
- Able to work well with business customers and engineering and technical partners.
- Able to analyze, diagnose and resolve simple programming problems and system coordination issues.
- Able to work with minimum direction.
- Able to plan and manage his/her own work.
- Communicate effectively with peers.
- Follow corporate and department coding standards and guidelines.
- Able to learn continuous integration practices.
- Depending on business area, demonstrated experience of building Data pipeline: Data Exchange, Cleansing, Validation, Standardization, Search and Ranking based on Data Science.
- Able to take and/or provide direction from others in analyzing and solving program and system issues and problems.
- Technically proficient in core technologies and methodologies used by the team.
- Able to adapt to changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs of limited scope.
- Able to analyze, diagnose and resolve light to medium complex programming problems and system coordination issues.
- Proficient with Test Driven Development including unit test creation.
- Proficient with defensive programming.
Position is posted at level I - IV DOE.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.