Auro Hotels - "Elevating the experience in hospitality"
We are a company that seeks out the positive, encourages bright thinking, and is helping to light the communities where we operate.
We view ourselves as a different kind of hospitality company. Auro Hotels is a company that is professional and visionary. We strive to bring a higher level of service and commitment to excellence to every relationship. We are grounded in sound business practices and stand on a solid financial foundation built by our forefathers, even as we seek to bring imaginative, unique and category-leading solutions to each hotel project.
Auro Hotels’ current portfolio includes 30 hotels in the United States, and two properties in India, operating under well-known brands such as Marriott, Hilton and Hyatt
We are looking for an Engineer I to join our team located at the award winning Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton in historic Augusta, GA.
What makes a successful Engineer I?
- Maintain accurate records on preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Perform general maintenance, preventative maintenance, inspections and repairs duties as assigned.
- Adhere to safety, security and emergency procedures, react appropriately during emergency situations, and act promptly to correct hazards. Adhere to security procedures concerning the handling of guest room and master keys, security of boiler and electrical rooms and other engineering areas, proper storage of all chemicals, etc.
- Listen to and promptly act to resolve guest problems and complaints.
- Clean and organize maintenance shop.
- Have working knowledge of HVAC, MEP and refrigeration systems, including repair, maintenance and basic electric and plumbing skills. Ability to troubleshoot equipment and identify needs and parts.
- Have strong mechanical skills for operation and repair of hotel equipment and possess the knowledge and ability to perform a variety of general maintenance repairs.
- Have working knowledge regarding application and storage of all chemicals and the OSHA standards for chemical use.
- Know how to operate hand and power tools (drills, hoisting equipment, reciprocating saw, and pressure washing equipment); dial indicators and testing equipment for air, water balancing and control calibration.
- Read manufacturer instructions, blueprints, etc. and the ability to discern various colors of electrical wiring.
- Make effective judgments on the various aspects of general repairs and maintenance and effectively solve guest and operational problems.
- Keeps Chief Engineer promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance so that prompt corrective action can be taken.
High school diploma or general education degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Auro Hotels is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment.
Job Type: Part-time