Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Participate in the design of custom communication systems.
- Implement FPGA and firmware to support digital signal processing.
- Manage verification, testing and documentation of digital designs.
- Research and develop new hardware and firmware.
- Oversee the integration of hardware and software components of the overall system.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience designing electronics with high reliability/traceability requirements and working with CAD packages (OrCad, Allegro, Altium).
- Experience with designing and releasing complex products, including high-speed PCBs.
- Experience with designing complex mixed signal circuits (FPGAs, uP, DSPs, D/A, A/D, Power Design).
- MS degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with high attention to detail.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies:
Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.