Full-time$68,000 - $92,000 a year
- Work From Home
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Loan Processing
Full Job Description
The Underwriter is responsible for reviewing all loan applications for compliance with underwriting, investor, and FNMA/FHLMC guidelines.
- Reviews/analyzes loan files submitted for borrowers to ensure file meets loan program requirements. Includes individual analysis of:
- Loan application
- Credit profile/report(s)
- Debt and assets
- Income/financial statements
- Loan values/loan-to-value ratios
- Appraisal reports
- Collateral and supporting documentation
- Identifies/calculates loan risk of loss.
- Conditions files for missing/supporting documentation.
- Revisits loans to review and clear conditions.
- Approves, counters or denies loan file.
- Escalates fraud files to Credit Manager/Risk Management team.
- Respond within SLA to all loan specific audits/findings.
- Minimum 3 years of residential mortgage underwriting experience.
- Experience working with Fannie Mae Desktop Underwriter and Freddie Mac Loan Prospector.
- Knowledge of FNMA and FHLMC policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of mortgage loan processing, compliance, investor products and underwriting guidelines.
- Knowledge of mortgage insurance (MI) guidelines.
- Working knowledge of various fraud tools.
Our benefits package includes: Full Health Bar, 401K, Employer Paid Holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $68,000.00 - $92,000.00 per year
- Mortgage Underwriting: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- 8 hour shift
- Temporarily due to COVID-19