- Must meet requirements as stipulated by state licensing agency.
- Ability to relate positively to young children is essential.
- Previous teaching and some administrative or business experience is desirable.
- Experience working with parents or demonstrates ability to relate to parents.
- Ability to train and supervise people.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations.
- The Assistant Director is directly responsible to the Director and assists in any capacity whenever the need is presented, including opening and/or closing the school.
- Assumes responsibility to supervise operation of the school when the Director is absent.
- Conducts tours of the school and enrolls children.
Program Management Responsibilities:
- Assists in coordinating program implementation
- Helps ensure that all rules and regulations of Primrose School and all regulatory agencies are observed.
- Acts as a substitute teacher when necessary and helps coordinate substitute teachers when needed (i.e., keeps and updates a list and phone numbers for substitutes, assigns, and orients them to tasks, etc.).
- Offers every child physical affection, verbal praise, and acceptance while providing clear and consistent expectations for children's behavior, setting firm limits when necessary.
- Oversees maintenance and cleaning duties, special diets and menu planning, medicine administration and health and safety procedures.
- Acts as a teacher when necessary.
- Must meet all health and other requirements of applicable local, state, and/or corporate office regulations.
- Must meet all requirements for driver's certification, including valid driver's license.
- Up-to-date first aid training & CPR
- Complete all required company employment and payroll forms.
Hours: vary between 6:30 am to 6:30 pm M-F
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Job Type: Full-time