Leads UI/UX efforts working closely with multiple business units, program managers, project managers, business analysts, software developers, quality analysts and support specialists during all phases of projects. Responsible for analyzing requirements in the context of user interface design, produce user experience approach documents, blueprints, and or presentations, and provide user experience guidance, oversight and support to the UI/UX phase of projects. Works in an integrated product design team with product management and software engineering to envision, create, craft and deliver next generation user experiences.
- Work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, executives, and other designers to build scalable solutions to improve the user experience
- Create deliverable s such as process flows, wire frames, mock-ups and functional prototypes to effectively communicate design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors
- Be a key contributor to the product road map with ideas for evolving and iterating the user experience based on quantitative data and user research
- Work with the product owners and cross-functional teams to come up with test options and utilize A/B testing to validate design solutions
- Design landing pages and site interactions to segment users, effectively convey product benefits and drive trial conversion
- Primary responsibility of UI development including web applications, mobile application websites, mobile apps, user experience design, icon design and wire frames.
- Bachelor’s in Digital Media Design or similar discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in UX Design
- 3+ years of leading or coaching team members in an Agile scrum environment
- Experience in the insurance industry is a plus
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Deep understanding of fundamental visual design disciplines (typography, iconography composition, color, composition, layout, etc.).
- Expert knowledge of Adobe industry-standard applications – Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Flash, In Design and Acrobat.
- Must have tablet and phone design experience.
- Experience with responsive design.
Job Type: Full-time
- UX Design: 7 years
- fundamental visual design discipline: 4 years