Front Office Receptionist
Wesley Health & Community Center is an FQHC (Federally Qualified Healthcare Center) offering comprehensive, integrated health care services including primary care, counseling, lab, family health planning; and other community services in Phoenix, Arizona. An integral part of the Phoenix Community, Wesley Health & Community Service is an active participant in the healthcare community. Wesley accepts many plans for insured patients and offers a sliding fee scale for uninsured patients.
Wesley Health Center’s front office receptionist is to provide a patient-centric experience. We are looking for a dependable and motivated team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a professional attitude to join our team. The demands on our front desk team members are extremely high due to the exceptional level of care we deliver our patients. We require a lively, enthusiastic person who is creative and able to provide personalized care in our busy office. Solid administrative skills, exceptional customer service and a mature, calm demeanor are essential skills for this position.
- Welcome patients as they contact the center personally or by telephone, and explain the services available, payment categories, and billing procedures.
- Schedule appointments; direct walk-in patients and emergencies as per established policies and procedures.
- Answer all incoming calls and route them to the appropriate staff.
- Register all patients per registration protocols an collect all documentation.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and office functions.
- Generate route slips for each patient, and assure that all services provided have been checked out properly.
- Review and verify patient coverage of insurance or other agencies and computes the charges to be paid by the patient.
- Collect deposits or co-pays/deductibles prior to the patient being seen by the provider per established policies and procedures. Inform patient of their outstanding balance, collect said balance, and issue cash receipt when monies are collected.
- Work closely with Medical, Behavioral health and health education staff to assure smooth patient flow and reductions of waiting time.
- Create, update and maintain records by collecting the appropriate information from both patients and doctors.
- Work closely with health promotion personnel and refer them to patients who did not keep their appointment for follow-up.
- Call and remind patient of his/her appointment.
- Follow up on “no show” patients on a daily basis.
- Communicate patient’s problem/complaint to the Front Office Coordinator or his/her designee.
- Compile, verify, and scan files in electronic medical records of hospital or other health care facility. Creates electronic charts and maintains records of newly registered patients.
- Review medical records for completeness, assembles records into standard order as requested by the provider.
- Email/fax medical records requested by hospital and/or other health care providers and document in medical chart.
- Skilled in computer software such as Excel, Word, and other programs relevant to medical practice (eClinicalWorks preferred)
- Other related duties as the job requires.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability and willingness to treat all patients with the utmost kindness and consideration in the most trying situations.
- Friendly personality with the desire to work with the public.
- Ability to handle multi-functions.
- Understanding of community based organizations.
- Communicate patients’ problems to the medical staff.
- Promotes and believes in Wesley Health Center's mission statement “Provide Comprehensive Health Care to all Families”.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religious and economic status.
- Must believe in health care with dignity for all
- Requires at least two years of related medical office experience, medical assisting experience a plus.
- Formal training from a vocational school in lieu of the above
- Bilingual in Spanish and English required.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience with, and proficiency in, electronic medical records. Use of EClinicalWorks software a plus, but not required.
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to work at multiple locations
- Willingness to work early morning or evening hours
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.50 /hour
- Medical Front Office: 2 years