Charlotte, NC (CLT Aviation Hangar)
Purpose of Role:
The primary role of the Captain, i.e. Pilot-in-Command (PIC), at Lowe's is to provide safe and efficient air transportation in support of Lowe's Companies, Inc. and its subsidiaries. Operational guidelines are outlined in The Lowe's Companies, Inc. Flight Operations Manual (FOM), and this candidate must comply with mandatory FAA rules and regulations. Responsibilities include weather briefings, fuel planning, filing of flight plans, transportation logistics and ensuring the safety of all passengers, crew and cargo. This role is critical to Lowe's Aviation because adequate staffing allows for efficient utilization of the existing fleet to enhance transportation of key decision makers to conduct critical company business.
- When assigned as PIC, administratively and operationally has direct responsibility for all crew members and ensures that all crewmembers have a clear understanding of what duties they are expected to perform.
- Ensures that the aircraft is airworthy and all required FAA and other regulatory documentation is on board the aircraft.
- Ensures that flight operations are conducted in accordance with the Lowe's Flight Operations Manual, CFRs, regulations of foreign countries and Lowe's company policies.
- Direct responsibility for filing flight plans, to include departure / en route / arrival logistics and weather conditions.
- Ensures compliance with Weight & Balance, performance charts, fuel, oil and oxygen requirements for safety of flight.
- Utilizes good crew resource management skills.
- Delegates duties necessary for the safe and efficient operation of the aircraft to the Second-in-Command.
- Decides whether to delay or cancel flights in situations where safety or passenger comfort may be compromised.
- Assumes any duties delegated by the Chief Pilot.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Airline Transport Pilot Certificate (ATP)
- Appropriate Type Rating (Preferred)
- Second Class Medical (First Class for International Flights)
- 5,000 Hours Total Flight Time (Min)
- 2,000 Hours Multi-engine
- 1,000 Hours Jet
Business/Corporate Aviation (Preferred)
Experience flying Gulfstream, Falcon, and Bombardier (Preferred)
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE:
LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
About Lowe’s in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.