Few things impact people’s lives as much as their finances. Make a difference where it counts by joining our industry-leading wealth management team at Bank of America and Merrill Lynch. We’re looking for the next generation of financial advisors—those with a passion for people and drive to build a business that makes their financial lives better. Going beyond portfolios and investment strategies, you’ll consider a client’s entire, complex financial picture, and then guide them with advice and solutions to help them live their best financial lives.
The Advisor Development Program will help you get the necessary training and guidance along a defined path to become the financial advisor you want to be. From marketing yourself to managing a practice, we’ll equip you with everything you need as you move through the stages of development. The Financial Advisor Stage I role is the first step. At this stage, you’ll earn the required licenses, start building the relationships that can shape your career, and be exposed to the products, platforms and tools you need to serve clients.
We’ll help you
- Get training and one-on-one mentorship from managers who are invested in your success. You’ll enroll in our Consumer Academy to develop as an advisor.
- Grow your network to eventually grow your business. Leverage our relationships with one out of two households in the U.S. Starting at a financial center, you’ll interact with banking customers, small business owners and higher net worth clients alike.
- Build connections. Work in the center of the financial universe, tapping into a range of experts, from mortgage lenders to investment analysts.
- Provide end-to-end comprehensive advice. Deliver client reviews/presentations with confidence, including reviews of investment goals, and recommend wealth management strategies to help clients achieve their goals.
- Get smart on core banking and investment solutions. Connect clients to all of the solutions we provide through Bank of America and Merrill Lynch to meet virtually all of their financial needs.
- Obtain Series 7 & 66 (63 & 65 accepted, in lieu of 66) within 120 days—a requirement for the role.
As an advisor, you can look forward to
- Unlimited potential for financial growth
- A strong referral base from across the business that will give you a leg-up on client acquisition
- Robust marketing support to reach wider audiences with greater appeal
- Ongoing professional development to deepen your skills and optimize your practice as the industry evolves and changes
- Leadership opportunities, from leading client and conference seminars to mentoring junior associates
You’re the kind of person who
- Sets and accomplishes goals, achieving whatever you put your mind to.
- Is comfortable in a sales role, finding ways to nurture strong relationships with prospective clients.
- Communicates clearly and confidently with customers from all walks of life.
- Works well with others and collaborates productively to get things done.
- Can manage complexity, prioritize tasks and execute in a fast-paced environment.
- Likes to learn on your feet, adapting to new information and seeking the right solutions for clients.
- Efficiently manages your time and capacity.
- Is thorough and will incorporate relevant regulatory due diligence into daily to-do’s and long-term strategies for clients.
You’ll be even more prepared if you have
- Strong computer skills with an ability to multitask in a demanding environment
- A bachelor’s degree, or 1-2 years’ experience working in the financial service industry and/or a sales environment where goals were met or exceeded
We’re a culture that
- Has a place for everyone committed to the work. We provide continuous training and developmental opportunities to help people achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger, so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients and customers around the world.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and has a proven dedication to supporting the communities we serve.
This position is subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. Since your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in your immediate termination.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: