Interested in a rewarding career, providing outstanding customer service and hospitality? Then we may have an opportunity for you!
Due to our continued growth, United Security Services, Inc., is currently seeking an energetic, organized, goal-oriented professional to lead and serve as a Fire Safety Director.
We are looking for a Fire Safety Director/Lead Security Officer, who combines meticulous professionalism with a friendly, welcoming, and energetic personality. You must always be willing to roll up your sleeves leading by example, demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm, operating the hotel as though you were welcoming guests into your own home. It is also important that you have excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills as well as the ability to effectively lead, influence, and encourage others.
- Monitor guest areas for unauthorized people, suspicious activity and/or any discrepancies.
- Remain attentive to any abnormalities, all of which include any form of safety hazards, and emergency cases. Emergency responders (i.e. fire, police, ambulance work force) should be reached in the event of any irregularities.
- Direct and assist in emergency procedures, ensuring that the fire safety plan is executed accordingly.
- Assure that all fire and safety systems, including fire alarms and smoke detectors are functioning; report any defective systems as needed.
- Guarantee that information is neatly and appropriately recorded into to all log books
- Ensure that Security Guards are present for their scheduled shifts and located at their designated post
- Ensure Security Guards are in full uniform, comply with post orders, and company policy.
- Assist with any needs or requests hotel guests may have
- Maintain a hospitable and safe environment for all guests and hotel personnel.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A valid New York State Security Guard License
- Valid F85/F89 Fire Safety Director COF
- All NY State required Security training certificates must be up to date
- Prior Security Supervisory Experience
- Previous hotel experience preferred
- Basic Computer knowledge (E-Mail, MS Office, Internet)
- Ability to pass a drug screening
- Flexible availability (Part-time shifts available)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.50 /hour
- Fire Safety Director: 1 year
- Security Supervisor: 2 years
- High school or equivalent
- Fire Safety Director F85
- NYS Security Guard License
- Fire and Life Safety Director F89