Position: 3rd shift Knitting Inspector/Machine Operator
This individual, working on Knitting Room floor, is responsible for ensuring the knitting machines are producing 1st quality product with a minimum of downtime.
- Check sock quality throughout the shift looking for defects and compare production socks to sample socks on the knitting machines.
- Remove irregulars and follow procedures for when to stop the machines and notify a technician.
- Re-thread machines quickly and accurately to minimize downtime.
- Notify a technician of machine problems as soon as they occur.
- Make sure the spec sheet, production ticket and program match. Confirm the machine counter matches the production ticket.
- Follow all safety procedures, wear protective equipment when required, and keep work area clean and organized.
- Record first quality products, irregular products, complete production tickets and other record keeping as well.
- Demonstrate teamwork by communicating with incoming shift about product quality, machine issues and any other important information.
- Ensure each machine is properly stocked for the next shift.
- Follow attendance policy, arrive a few minutes early to receive hand off from previous shift and stay at work station during work hours.
- When time permits additional duties may include cross training on other machinery and learning more advanced job skills.
Work Experience/Education/Skills Required:
- Experience in a manufacturing setting a plus but we will train those candidates who exhibit initiative and have a good work record.
- Preference given to high school graduates.
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)