The Corporate Controller is a key member of the executive leadership team responsible for overseeing all corporate accounting activities worldwide, supervising the corporate accounting team, coordinating closely with regional finance directors, directing and controlling all cash management functions, driving the development and implementation of global accounting policies & procedures, and ensuring compliance with General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and other relevant regulations. This opportunity is based out of our corporate headquarters in Irvine, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Directs all aspects of accounting operations and preparation of monthly financial statements in an accurate and timely manner on a global basis.
- Supervise all activities of the corporate accounting team & coordinate closely with regional finance directors.
- Review journal entries complete with necessary supporting documentation and schedules.
- Review account reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Manage the corporate consolidation. Review consolidated financial statements on a monthly basis and ensure the team’s completion and review of all account reconciliations for compliance and accuracy with U.S. GAAP.
- Perform technical accounting research to determine appropriate treatment for a variety of transactions under U.S. GAAP. Prepare memos documenting management position.
- Prepare and review supporting schedules for use in financial statements and/or footnote disclosures.
- Lead the annual financial statement audit. Coordinate all audit activities as a direct interface with external auditors and ensure all requests are provided in a timely and accurate manner.
- Direct and control all cash management functions. Drive efforts to improve global working capital management and increase cash flow.
- Lead global balance sheet and cash forecasting efforts, coordinating across functions and regions and with the FP&A team. Lead monthly balance sheet and cash flow variance analysis.
- Coordinate preparation of tax returns and tax planning, including review and preparation of quarterly and annual tax work papers.
- Support FP&A team during the monthly reporting and forecasting processes.
- Mentors and guides the growth of accounting staff; establish performance expectations and goals aligned with company objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Experienced Global Controller. Advanced knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, tax planning, banking, cash management, and cost control principles.
- U.S. GAAP Expert. Possess in-depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP accounting rules to properly interpret and determine applicable accounting treatment. .
- Business Partner. Strong business acumen; understand the key business drivers of the Company, both short-term and long-term; and use this information to transform analysis into actionable insights for decision-making.
- Proven Finance Leader. Track record of leadership influencing rapid and positive change; ability to lead cross-functional and cross-regional teams, drive toward consensus, and achieve positive results.
- Policy Driver. Demonstrated ability to establish & implement global accounting policies & procedures.
- Proactive Problem Solver. Ability to anticipate business needs and proactively solve problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Physical Demands & Environmental/Working Conditions
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; MBA preferred
- CPA required
- At least 15 years of experience working in accounting.
- At least 5 years managing an accounting team as a corporate controller.
- At least 5 years of cost accounting experience (standard costing system) in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with global tax highly desired.
- Experience in a private equity or venture capital backed environment preferred.
- High proficiency in Excel; strong working knowledge of PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience with SAP and tools such as IBM Cognos, MicroStrategy, etc.
- Must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job (as stated above).
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment.
- Typically requires the ability to sit at a computer for extended periods of time, hear the telephone, and enter data on a computer or calculator.
- May require the ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Travel Requirement: occasional