Full-Time/Part-Time? Full Time
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsible for teaching and student advising in the undergraduate and graduate programs and services. Participates in curriculum development and evaluation. Maintains academic and professional expertise.
A graduate degree in nursing is required by hire date. This may include: Masters degree, postmaster certificate, or doctoral degree from an accredited CCNE or NLNAC nursing program.
Successful clinical and teaching experience in the last 2 or more years.
Medical-Surgical clinical experience
US Export Compliance Requirement
Knowledge, skills and abilities
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Commitment to diversity.
Required Licenses, Certificates & Registrations
Eligible for, or current active unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Kansas.
Current ANCC or AANP national certification in area of specialization.
All employees of Wichita State University are expected to support the WSU Vision, Mission and Values and foster an environment of diversity in culture, thought and experience.
While this position is open until filled, in order to receive full consideration please submit all required application materials by October 5, 2018
Location Wichita, KS - WSU Main Campus
Proposed Salary or Hourly Rate $54,500 annually
Eligible for Shift Differential? No
Benefits Eligible? Yes
Position Description Information
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree from an accredited program or a PhD in Nursing or closely related field by hire date
Teaching experience in graduate nursing education.
Experience in a collaborative interprofessional team environment.
Record of two years or more of successful clinical experience.
Experience and ability to teach online courses.
Critical care or Pediatric experience.
Regular Hours of Work Generally M-F, some evening and weekend hours expected
Consistent with teaching in typical classroom, office and clinical environments and preparation of on-line course content.
Proposed Job Duties
Responsibility / Duty
- Didactic instruction of assigned courses
- Providing clinical and simulation/technologies laboratory teaching/supervision in acute and community health care as appropriate for nursing students
- Participate in student recruiting, admission/progression processes, and advising
- Teach across undergraduate and graduate programs, as appropriate
- Teach in both online and face-to-face delivery methods, as appropriate
- Participation in overall curriculum development and evaluation
- Maintaining knowledge of applicable curricular guidelines and curricular evaluation standards
- Promoting an interprofessional teaching/learning environment
- Maintaining professional and academic expertise
- Assisting with mentoring, orientation, development, and evaluation of new faculty members
Importance (E) Essential